NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
And now for the context...
JENKINS: What do you feel about the alleged victims?

PATERNO: I got three boys, got two girls. If anything like this had happened� if the alleged incidents happened, I'm not quite sure, and as I said before� I'm happy in one sense that we called attention, throughout this state, and throughout the country probably, that this is going on. It's kind of been like a hidden thing. So maybe that's good. But I'm sick about it. I think about a 12-year-old boy, a 10-year old boy. In the shower, a physical touching, it's sickening. I don't know exactly how to say it�violence is not the way to handle. But for me I'd get a bunch of guys and say let's go punch somebody in the nose. I'm coaching 61 years never had an incident like this. So really don't know exactly what to tell you.

JENKINS: What was your relationship with Jerry Sandusky?

PATERNO: Professional. Not social. Jerry was a lot younger. He was a heck of a good coach.

JENKINS: Do you remember the last time you saw or spoke to him?

PATERNO: I really don't.

JENKINS: Why did he suddenly retire in 1999?

PATERNO: He came to me and talked about being a head coach, because the university that year had put in a voluntary retirement. He came to see me and we talked a little about his career. I said you know Jerry, you want to be a head coach, you can't do as much as you're doing with the other operation. I said this job takes so much detail and for you to think you can go off and get involved in fundraising and a lot of things like that.I said you can't do both, that's basically what I told him. I didn't even have him recruiting.

JENKINS: People have speculated that you had knowledge of the 1998 police investigation. You didn't hear any whispers, rumors, reports before Mike McQueary spoke to you in 2002?

PATERNO: I had never heard a thing.

JENKINS: Again, why didn't you follow up more (in 2002)?

PATERNO: I was shocked. And then I got pretty sad. I didn't know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the University procedure was. So I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise that I did. It didn't work out that way.

#RedBullOut

Matrim55

Matrim55

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
  • Supports:Metros

And now for the context...

Yeah, none of that makes Paterno or Penn St. look any better/less culpable.

His claim that he didn't know or understand what kid-touching meant - coming from a fucking Roman Catholic - defies credulity.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Yeah, none of that makes Paterno or Penn St. look any better/less culpable.

His claim that he didn't know or understand what kid-touching meant - coming from a fucking Roman Catholic - defies credulity.

Penn State is not culpable for anything.

5 jerkoffs who were in the position to do something are.

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Penn State is not culpable for anything.

I would disagree, if a sexual assault occurred inside a university facility, committed by a former employee, who should have been banned from campus, and was certainly not permited to interact with minors.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

I would disagree, if a sexual assault occurred inside a university facility, committed by a former employee, who should have been banned from campus, and was certainly not permited to interact with minors.

Court records show that he was banned from campus, but the banning took place after the 2002 incident (when he should have been in fucking handcuffs). I completely agree with the second part regarding interacting with minors. From what I understand, the board of the Second Mile knew about this and never told the police either, nor limited his access to minors.

The fact remains that if Curley, Schultz and Spanier did the responsible thing (and legally required as well) this whole mess would have been over 10 years ago. It's been the overwhelming source of frustration/disgust for alumni since we found out about this. That he could still walk around for 10 years with people knowing about this.

#RedBullOut

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Joe Paterno Wants Us To Believe He Has Never Heard Of "Rape And A Man." Joe Paterno Is Full Of Shit.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts

Joe Paterno Wants Us To Believe He Has Never Heard Of "Rape And A Man." Joe Paterno Is Full Of Shit.

Yeah, I was about to post that. Margay expands upon the point I made above.

I hope Penn St. fans/grads have the brains to see that their idol is busy lying and covering his ass - again - instead of trying to be part of the solution.

This is JoePa's legacy. Period.

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

This is JoePa's legacy. Period.

I highly doubt it. Just like most every other contraversial criminal incident in sports world, (Vick for example) the public forget all about this. Most likely that will happen 2-3 years from now when he dies and they are forced to weight his lifetime work.

Penn State may take a hit for some time, but JoPa's shame will only be temporary.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
Apparently JoePa is on his deathbed.

Matrim55

Matrim55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,309 posts
And he's passed away. RIP

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

And he's passed away. RIP

Dan McGinn, the family's spokesman, told ABC News that reports of Joe Paterno's death at this time are "false."

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
He was just a football coach, not a god. A flawed, disgusting, pig of a football coach who didn't want to rock the boat.

I lose all respect for anyone claiming that his legacy should not be tarnished.

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
I hope you're all proud of yourselves. MURDERERS. :)+
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

I hope you're all proud of yourselves. MURDERERS. :)+

YOU KILLED HIM! YOU PERSECUTED HIM FOR COVERING UP FOR A PEDOPHILE!

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE?

FOCUS YOUR HATE ON THE RAPIST ONLY! YOU CAN"T HATE TWO PEOPLE AT ONCE... OR IS THAT ONLY CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIANS?

these people make me sick.

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro
What an awful way to go out...

Can't really say anything good about the man what a shame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users