197 replies to this topic

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

No and it wasnt a true 10 but it was an interesting switch I do think Struber likes having tactical flexibility

Regardless, it didnt really work. Maybe they can eventually make it work.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,435 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Regardless, it didnt really work. Maybe they can eventually make it work.

I dunno, I like Fabio as a striker but I'm not sure I see much in his skillset that screams #10. His assists have all come from playing the ball backwards from the end line, not forwards from 40 yards out. He's a perfect sub for late games when we need to lump in crosses and throw some weight around in the box, only question is what it'll cost to bring him in for that kind of role and if it could be better spent on a true #10

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I dunno, I like Fabio as a striker but I'm not sure I see much in his skillset that screams #10. His assists have all come from playing the ball backwards from the end line, not forwards from 40 yards out. He's a perfect sub for late games when we need to lump in crosses and throw some weight around in the box, only question is what it'll cost to bring him in for that kind of role and if it could be better spent on a true #10

Yeah - if one of them has to do it, I see Klimala as that 10/false9, making occasional angled runs behind the backline to grab a through ball. But, unless they get some chemistry in offseason, I think your start either Klimala or Fabio, but not both. 

I like them both on the team though. There is a definite value in having options in playing style at Striker.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users