67 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

And of course he's going to do all these wonderful things for rbny from Leipzig, shows how hands on he's going to be. If he was appointed coach/gm I'd be happy but doing whatever he's going to do from an ocean away tells me he's just playing fifa manager while waiting for a new job since it's a lot easier to leave his current position than if he were still an active coach. My bet is he will leave this position within a year (after he wins mls cup, usoc and the ccl)

You hit the nail on the head about the one thing that irks me about this whole thing. And hes overseeing not one, but two clubs from across the ocean.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

As much as you whine able people being complacent with ownership, you're so out to get them that I imagine you curse Red Bull's name every time you stub your toe.

The entire concept of buying prospects young (who said that has to mean U-20?) and selling for a profit down the line has only existed in MLS for like 3 years. I'm saying that I hope Rangnick can get us in the game of buying more Kaku/Almiron/Rossi types and fewer Veron/Jorgenson types.

And let's flip this argument for a second. Outside of the Adam's transfer, which I entirely disagree was blown because of the bonkers sell-on fee and constantly inflating transfer market, when has the Red Bull pipeline totally screwed us? Who are these players begging to be in NY but instead getting dragged kicking and screaming over to Leipzig? 

The money from the transfers will be placed in the left hand (RBNY) that will then hand it over to the right hand (Austria, to be spent on the Euro teams they actually give a crap about). There's your answer.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ig101

ig101

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah this gonna suck if he gonna operate wfh.  Two teams!  

Synergy lol 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

The entire concept of buying prospects young (who said that has to mean U-20?) and selling for a profit down the line has only existed in MLS for like 3 years. I'm saying that I hope Rangnick can get us in the game of buying more Kaku/Almiron/Rossi types and fewer Veron/Jorgenson types.

And let's flip this argument for a second. Outside of the Adam's transfer, which I entirely disagree was blown because of the bonkers sell-on fee and constantly inflating transfer market, when has the Red Bull pipeline totally screwed us? Who are these players begging to be in NY but instead getting dragged kicking and screaming over to Leipzig? 

This is the part of the argument that I think is total BS.  To get those type of players consistently you need to be spending money consistently on transfer fees.  We have spent serious money once in the past 5 years, and it was $6.25m for Kaku.  Once.  The majority of the guys we're bringing in are either via loan or free transfer.   So, unless the budget is magically tripling and unless our academy stops bleeding coaches/personnel, I don't see how anyone can think Ragnick is going to somehow be this savant at player recruitment.

Ragnick's whole allure is a tactical one, and he's only going to be looking at our academy part time.  He's also responsible for Brazil.  Hey, great that maybe they're trying to stop the bleeding on the academy front, it's been a turnstyle down at that level with coaching exits and player recruitment struggles.  Maybe Ragnick can fix that.  But the idea that he's going to be going out and finding all these stud kids and that they're going to come to Metro is ignoring the very clear problem that you need to spend money to get them here in the first place.  And that's a budget problem.

Otherwise, we're gonna keep randomly signing these kids and hoping 1/10 pan out.  And the arena stays empty.

#RedBullOut

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This is the part of the argument that I think is total BS.  To get those type of players consistently you need to be spending money consistently on transfer fees.  We have spent serious money once in the past 5 years, and it was $6.25m for Kaku.  Once.  The majority of the guys we're bringing in are either via loan or free transfer.   So, unless the budget is magically tripling and unless our academy stops bleeding coaches/personnel, I don't see how anyone can think Ragnick is going to somehow be this savant at player recruitment.

Ragnick's whole allure is a tactical one, and he's only going to be looking at our academy part time.  He's also responsible for Brazil.  Hey, great that maybe they're trying to stop the bleeding on the academy front, it's been a turnstyle down at that level with coaching exits and player recruitment struggles.  Maybe Ragnick can fix that.  But the idea that he's going to be going out and finding all these stud kids and that they're going to come to Metro is ignoring the very clear problem that you need to spend money to get them here in the first place.  And that's a budget problem.

Otherwise, we're gonna keep randomly signing these kids and hoping 1/10 pan out.  And the arena stays empty.

at least on my end the hope is that with him overseeing operation RB would be filling to increase the budget.  They only let Jesse get Kaku after proving his chops for a couple years with results and good signings.  After Andy Ivan signing and Jorgenson I don't think RB global is doing cartwheels over giving us a budget to spend a lot of money/salary without Ralf involved. Even some of the elite younger guys (i.e. Casseres) are not as far along as I thought they would be when we first signed them

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

at least on my end the hope is that with him overseeing operation RB would be filling to increase the budget.  They only let Jesse get Kaku after proving his chops for a couple years with results and good signings.  After Andy Ivan signing and Jorgenson I don't think RB global is doing cartwheels over giving us a budget to spend a lot of money/salary without Ralf involved. Even some of the elite younger guys (i.e. Casseres) are not as far along as I thought they would be when we first signed them

I think this will be more budget, better scouting and better development.

from Joe Goldstein - NYRB2 is a feeder club to us and made the finals 3 years in a row + a Championship.  Not terrible if we are feeder club to Leipzig.  Ajax is a feeder club to lots of teams and they are pretty competative.  

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

I think this will be more budget, better scouting and better development.

from Joe Goldstein - NYRB2 is a feeder club to us and made the finals 3 years in a row + a Championship.  Not terrible if we are feeder club to Leipzig.  Ajax is a feeder club to lots of teams and they are pretty competative.  

Ajax's club directors have one sole focus...winning their league and advancing in the Champions League.  Ragnick just flat out said that is not our top priority.  Need to stop drawing this parallel.  It is not the same.

I'm not sure the two are correlated honestly.  Ragnick is going to be running our academy from Germany.  Not like he's gonna be on the ground here scouting talent for us.  I'm sure for some coaches it can be appealing to work for a guy like him, he's a great tactician.  But I don't get the sense RB is gonna throw $5-15m transfer fees at this club like they do with Salzburg.  I see his role as more advisory and making sure there are best-practices for all academy staff.

#RedBullOut

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

what role will he have in improving our first team and other signings. We won't tolerate simply serving Leipzig without prioritizing our own success first.

He just told us thats what he is going to do and we can either accept it or take a hike.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

the idea that he's going to be going out and finding all these stud kids and that they're going to come to Metro is ignoring the very clear problem that you need to spend money to get them here in the first place.  And that's a budget problem.

This. The Americas are vast. And with the rumored scouting boundaries in MLS being torn down??? Oh boy. In order to find, sign and produce more Tyler Adams we will need to spend a TON of money on scouting and development. And then of course if you find a gem you have to convince them to sign!

Unless hes coming here with blank checks and an entourage of scouts and coaches this is a useless exercise where he basically just stated what we already knew: We are not the priority.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:metro
I think I caught synergy from a girl at Nevada Smiths once. I was on antibiotics for a month.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Ajax's club directors have one sole focus...winning their league and advancing in the Champions League.  Ragnick just flat out said that is not our top priority.  Need to stop drawing this parallel.  It is not the same.

No, he did not say that, flat out or otherwise.    "We want to create a synergy effect between these clubs, from which RB Leipzig, in particular, can profit and develop even further."   He said nothing of that being a priority over anything else.  

"In particular" does not mean solely or to the exclusion of all others.    They may benefit most, but we also benefit.   The entire concept of synergies is in opposition to it being a zero-sum exercise, where we have to sacrifice in order for them to profit.    A rising tide lifts all boats.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • Supports:METRO
A rising tide destroys those without a boat. Or those on the shore feeding the masters in the yacht.

It's not going to make any more sense if you keep repeating this unrelatable aphorism.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

No, he did not say that, flat out or otherwise.    "We want to create a synergy effect between these clubs, from which RB Leipzig, in particular, can profit and develop even further."   He said nothing of that being a priority over anything else.  

"In particular" does not mean solely or to the exclusion of all others.    They may benefit most, but we also benefit.   The entire concept of synergies is in opposition to it being a zero-sum exercise, where we have to sacrifice in order for them to profit.    A rising tide lifts all boats.   

You can read what you want to read out of it man.  We all know what it means, Leipzig is the main show.  We're just here to feed it.  I didn't see a single mention of winning trophies in any of what he said.  Meanwhile, he sits in Germany in a low pressure gig.  Good to be the king.

#RedBullOut

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

A rising tide destroys those without a boat. Or those on the shore feeding the masters in the yacht.

It's not going to make any more sense if you keep repeating this unrelatable aphorism.

You can read what you want to read out of it man.  We all know what it means, Leipzig is the main show.  We're just here to feed it.  I didn't see a single mention of winning trophies in any of what he said.  Meanwhile, he sits in Germany in a low pressure gig.  Good to be the king.

I'm not the one projecting all sorts of interpretation onto a simple, harmless statement.   Any other organization would dream of being able to generate a meaningful pipeline of talent qualified to join a top euro team.  We've sent exactly one player ever to another RB team, a player that was leaving us no matter what delusional scenario you could devise otherwise.    Whatever their motivation, it can only translate to a significant investment in identifying and developing local talent, which is something to celebrate.

Meanwhile:   https://twitter.com/...893341684547584

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Supports:metro
I dont think the minor league/feeder is really the right metaphor, just because there have been many rbny players who are good enough to play in Salzburg and no one has gone. I guess well see if that changes with Marsch, but I dont think its really a comparable relationship to those of American sports teams and minor leagues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users