2 replies to this topic

#1 Nines

Nines

Reserve Team

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

I apologize to everyone and anyone who is offended and insulted by what can be misinterpreted as a slap in the face to LARS. I can only say that our intentions were pure, honest and with no malice or greed.

There was never any intention, nor any desire to hijack, steal, infringe or profit from LARS.

Our whole endeavor was meant as a compliment to LARS, to protect LARS and to increase participation.

Over the last few months, we tried to speak to others about more product, but were met with silence. So we decided to just move forward.

Why a DBA? Transparency, Taxation and Transferability.

The ironic part about this is that filing for DBA was a conscious decision to show transparency and allow for transferability to the Founders or a First XI type group with- in LARS. If there were ever a profit, then monies would be transferred into either the LARS General Fund or into another type of transparent fund that would be used to purchase banners, etc… based on what ever the First XI or Founders wanted. Since everything would be documented, we felt that Transparency was the key and people would feel more comfortable.

We also decided to go forward with the complete package to show the Founders or First XI or whom ever that it can work… but were unable to set up a meeting with Tommy to show him what we were putting together… and the potential to move beyond LOT 13 with other product and LARS Sponsored events to bring in revenue like soccer tournaments, etc…

Taxation was another issue, since so many of us have put in money to various LARS activities, especially the founders, with nothing to show for it at the end of the year but an empty pocket or mounting debt.

This year alone I put in $240 for the Posh Seat and Diego purchased and produced the BAF for around $600. I’m sure the founders have put in that and more this year alone. But come tax time, at least with a DBA , you can write some of that off.

Transfer of DBA was the other key reason for filing. Obviously, there was no such business entity in existence at the time we filed, or we wouldn’t have been able to file. We would love nothing more than to transfer the DBA to the Founders or First XI or whomever.

If not, then we will just dissolve it this week.

We were never in this to profit from LARS. We spent around 2K of our own money setting up the DBA, business accounts, contracting with outside artists, etc… This was a labor of love and about helping LARS grow, not an effort in malice or greed.

I have also taken down the GateWay website, since there seemed to be much angst about that endeavor as well.

Please take this as our sincerest apologies to anyone who was offended by our endeavor or who mistook our actions as ones of greed.

We had nothing but the purest of intentions. We hope that we can all still get along, have open dialogue and continue working together to make LARS the best.

Long Live Lars.

#2 Chalky

Chalky

Dir. of Football Operations

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

There's an entire thread dedicated to this, but I'd like to suggest changing the title of this thread to Nines Mea Culpa since as far as I can tell LARS has nothing to apologize for.

#3 Gooner

Gooner

First Team

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles Galaxy / The Gooners

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:44 PM

This is clearly already being discussed here:

http://www.soccerpub...p...=22524&st=0

Why not let people read the whole discussion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users