566 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,825 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

really trying to project your voice would also project more droplets and aerosols,

That could describe much of the SW. But not all.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Also watched the Italian hooligan flick "Ultras" on Netflix. the main character looks like my 5th grade Math teacher, Mr Bellucci. at least this was better than Puerta7, a little better than The English Game, mainly because the score souned very Clockwork Orange-y/Giorgio Moroder-like.

Fantastic movie on Netflix. Got to binge watch Sunderland Til I Die now

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

According to a friend out for a run, Prospect Park is currently packed with idiots not practicing protocols. Makes me think we'll be dealing with rounds of suppression until a vaccine is available. 

RED. BULL. OUT.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,332 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

According to a friend out for a run, Prospect Park is currently packed with idiots not practicing protocols. Makes me think we'll be dealing with rounds of suppression until a vaccine is available. 

I live nearby Prospect Park and had to stop even trying to go any time in the afternoon. People are (mostly) trying to keep their distance but its just too many trying to get fresh air at once. The sheer density makes it impossible to distance appropriately no matter how well-meaning you are.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The only people in Prospect Park not practicing distancing protocols are the people that congregate in the Drummer's Grove area (southeast corner). And they probably never will anyway. Other than that, the park was filled with plenty of people today enjoying the beautiful day outside, jogging, biking, walking and getting exercise, all mindful of each other.

So I'm not sure why your friend is trying to spread fake news but you should go for a walk around the loop. It's safe and a great way to blow off steam. It's completely unrealistic to think everyone is just going to sit inside this entire time.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

I live nearby Prospect Park and had to stop even trying to go any time in the afternoon. People are (mostly) trying to keep their distance but its just too many trying to get fresh air at once. The sheer density makes it impossible to distance appropriately no matter how well-meaning you are.

Completely false. I've been there at various hours multiple times and it's not anywhere close to "impossible".

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Ah, we are by that Parkside/Drummers Grove entrance but Reggie can be dramatic, I'll tell him to hush. I've been going after 8pm, and then its fine for keeping big gaps while biking laps. Will get tougher as it warms up and people get antsy.

RED. BULL. OUT.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,332 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Completely false. I've been there at various hours multiple times and it's not anywhere close to "impossible".

Each run I've tried on the loop in the afternoon there's a handful of times where the road was so packed side to side with families and runners that passing someone with more than six feet of space was for sure impossible.

Most of the day its perfectly fine with people doing exactly like you said, getting out responsibly enjoy a breath of fresh air. I'm only talking about peak afternoon hours after people get stir crazy. I started hitting the park in the morning and its been totally fine, can't stress how thankful I am to have that space nearby.

We'll see how long the remaining parties last last now that Cuomo bumped the fine for social gathering from 500 to 1000, assuming NYPD actually enforces it.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

They let trolls in the park???

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Ah, we are by that Parkside/Drummers Grove entrance but Reggie can be dramatic, I'll tell him to hush. I've been going after 8pm, and then its fine for keeping big gaps while biking laps. Will get tougher as it warms up and people get antsy.

Yeah it will definitely get more crowded as it gets nicer. The drummers grove people are just congregating and smoking weed, like they always do, but they don't bother anyone.

I'm bummed they probably aren't going to have the free concerts this summer there. Hopefully smorgasburg can happen in some capacity.

You could always try Greenwood cemetery. Tons of trails, tons of space, less people (but no bike riding). There's a few ponds there that are nice to sit by.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

They let trolls in the park???

Yep. There's a bridge I like to hang out under, near the lake.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Each run I've tried on the loop in the afternoon there's a handful of times where the road was so packed side to side with families and runners that passing someone with more than six feet of space was for sure impossible.

Most of the day its perfectly fine with people doing exactly like you said, getting out responsibly enjoy a breath of fresh air. I'm only talking about peak afternoon hours after people get stir crazy. I started hitting the park in the morning and its been totally fine, can't stress how thankful I am to have that space nearby.

We'll see how long the remaining parties last last now that Cuomo bumped the fine for social gathering from 500 to 1000, assuming NYPD actually enforces it.

I haven't heard of a single story of someone being fined with that. I don't think any cops would want to enforce it.

By peak hours do you mean like 5pm?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users