Let's get RBA rockin!

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I bet Cahill ends up in the Metro hall of fame by the time he is done with this team.

The anti-Rafa

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Been in the MLS 8 yrs, this is the deepest team Ive ever been on. Doesnt matter who plays, everyone does their job. Feels pretty good. #RBNY

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

It helps when you have a coach who pays attention to all of the players, so they know how to fit the system. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

It seriously feels like anyone on the field can score. Do we lead the league in total individual goal scorers? It feels like it.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I wonder if I invite Cahill, Roxburgh, Petke, Dax, Fraser, Robles, and Olave to a pasta party, will they show up?

Just bring orange slices down to the lockeroom at halftime next Sunday; I'm sure they'll let you in.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,308 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Mike magee is the only guy I am worried abt. I hope olave just stays on him all game.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Mike magee is the only guy I am worried abt. I hope olave just stays on him all game.

He's been their best player obviously but the new DP forward they acquired, Anangono, has looked pretty good. Him and Magee have formed a good partnership. Their other new signing Rios has also contributed.

They still have guys like Rolfe and Lindpere and even Dilly Duka has had a good season for them.

I believe Larentowicz is suspended for this game due to yellow card accumulation so that should hurt them. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Fuck magee. Im more worried about peppering sean johnson's goal and him standing on his head. That fucker plays well against us

5 year plan

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

It seriously feels like anyone on the field can score. Do we lead the league in total individual goal scorers?

NYRB 11

Chicago 15

Chivas 15

Stopped checking after the first two exceeded us.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/season

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

NYRB 11

Chicago 15

Chivas 15

Stopped checking after the first two exceeded us.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/stats/season

We've got 7 guys with 4 or more goals.   Chicago has 4; one with 14, and the next three guys don't have that many combined.  Chivas?  Really?  I won't even bother checking if anyone beats that - its solid.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ShoreFlicks

ShoreFlicks

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, BWFC, QPR

The RBNY v. CHI match is missing from the schedule scroll across the front page of MLSsoccer.com. I'm not sure how to take this. 

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

What do you do about the back four if Carney and/or Miller are available?  I know that the Houston game featured two guys out of position and it was the first start together for that group, but they put in a really impressive performance, espeically considering the circumstances.  Do you trot out the same alignment, or go back to a more traditional Miller/Carney - Olave - Hulk - Barklage/Kimura?

FWIW, I think the four who played against Houston might be our four best defenders, regardless of position.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
Keep it the same, but put Carney in for Barklage.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts
Kept it the same. They had a great game together. That being said if they put in Carney I'm quite okay with it.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users