Carney..sekaya...olave and hulk

still kickin

still kickin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Supports:NYRB USA

Kept it the same. They had a great game together. That being said if they put in Carney I'm quite okay with it.

I thought Barklage was great today.  I guess Carney at home for more of an offensive angle?

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Keep it the same, but put Carney in for Barklage.

Dude, Barklage was MONEY today.  Didn't get forward much but that was the kind of rock solid defending we came to expect from him last year, I lost track of how many times he won the ball in a 1v1.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
True, he performed admirably. Barklage is also a threat on set pieces. However, Carney seems dangerous on free kicks near the goal. Puts in decent looking cross.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

matador

matador

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts
  • Supports:metro, USMNT

Not sold on Carney.  Also not sold on Barklage (as it was just one game, but he definitely looked good throughout).  We'll see what happens

joamiq

joamiq

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Spurs

I'm just happy that we have options at LB all of a sudden. I'm OK with either Barklage or Carney (if he's healthy, of course). Both bring different things to the table and both can be effective. I trust Mike to make the right call. He seems to know what he's doing there.

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

GIANT DEFENSE! GIANT DEFENSE! GIANT DEFENSE!

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Questions:

Who starts at striker? 

Who starts at right mid? (Probably Alexander)

Does Peguy start?

Will 12 Years as a Slave live up to the hype?

Who starts on defense?

Petke, Fraser, and Wolyniec (and Roxburgh) have to figure it out one more time.

MKiz

MKiz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Supports:New York RedBulls, USA, Greece

Questions:

Who starts at striker? 

Who starts at right mid? (Probably Alexander)

Does Peguy start?

Who starts on defense?

Petke, Fraser, and Wolyniec (and Roxburgh) have to figure it out one more time.

THIS is the reason were doing well...petke and co. have our 18 on its toes.  They have installed the "next man up" mentality and its working.  Insert Sekgaya, insert Barkalge, move Holgy to RB, etc.  the constant shuffle will confuse opposition (and us to, just sayin), but most importantly the WHOLE team can play together. and pretty well too!

that said.....LETS DO THIS AGAIN ON SUNDAY!!

R.I.P.
METRO
1996-2005

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I really think a lineup with Henry and Cahill up top, Peggy in CM, and a back 4 with Sekagya, Olave and Holg is something Mike's been cautiously but deliberatly working towards since July.    I also think he was expecting RWP to take Sam's role out wide, but with RWP up top, that pushes Cahill back and takes Peggy off the field as a starter.  I've watched the Houston game four times now, and every time I get more impressed with what Peggy can do holding up the ball and distributing from the middle third (of course, don't ever expect him to get a shot off).  We usually think of the "hold up the ball" function as something for the back-to-the-goal forward, or the wide mids on a break, but he shows how crucial it is for the CM, and how we have missed having that with Dax and Timmy there.  Always a trade off.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

same lineup as last game. 3-0. win again. mike magee misses 3 sitters and reminds us how much he sucked as a metro

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

If this game is not a sell out then whoever is in charge of marketing should be promptly  fired.

ssalgnogniwehc

ssalgnogniwehc

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Don't worry it totally does -- it's a brutal experience worth watching.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Lineup?

Not worried about whom we choose as I confidence that we have multiple players who can get the job done. How refreshing is that?

THAT is the big change. These guys believe in themselves and each other. It has taken a long time, but they are gelling at the right time and we have enough talent to absorb a missing player or two.

Bring it on.

V.O.R.

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Potential for former Metro's to get back at us with Lindpere and Magee. 

Momentum is on our side. We are at home and hopefully in front of a huge crowd. Let's fucking take it. We are so close. 

Don't expect a big crowd.  It's on a Sunday afternoon, in the middle of a fall soccer season.

So much history... but for those of us who don't go many years earlier than the Red Bull years, the curse of JCO comes very close to the Curse of Caricola.  I can think of no better way to end that curse...  as if we needed any more motivation than we have already

There's no such thing as the curse of JCO.  There's only one curse.

The RBNY v. CHI match is missing from the schedule scroll across the front page of MLSsoccer.com. I'm not sure how to take this. 

Hit the arrow pointing to the right.

If this game is not a sell out then whoever is in charge of marketing should be promptly  fired.

MLS set that schedule, not the Red Bulls.  Blame TV for that.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users