Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO
True, every shot of our end and the stands looked full. After every goal, the camera went to the three sections and showed the complete pandemonium of joy that was going on.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

metros11

metros11

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I guess it sucks that the seats were so fucking empty, but then again, I really don't give a shit. They sold every ticket, and the people who actually care were there in full attendance. If anything, it's a bit poetic that they won it in front of a crowd primarily made up of South Ward and upper decks.

Ehh?  Maybe at the start of the game.  I looked around the stadium at about the 70th minute and it was the least amount of empty seats I've seen since the stadium opener against Santos.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

vflkirwan

vflkirwan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Metro/VfL Wolfsburg und die US Boys

Its hard to tell these days how many people are there without the Lad updating us weekly with the attendance figures.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Ehh?  Maybe at the start of the game.  I looked around the stadium at about the 70th minute and it was the least amount of empty seats I've seen since the stadium opener against Santos.

This.  Once again, some people have no concept of getting to the game on time, but it was pretty full even in the first half.

BLewis1968

BLewis1968

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

On the train after the game, a friend told me that Lou Reed was dead, and when I got home I put on "Perfect Day" and a few others. Listening to it, with Metro and Lou on my mind, after what I had just experienced was a stirring moment.  The song's probably about heroin and the team's basically my heroin, and everything about 10/27/13 in the stadium, streets, bars, and trains was perfect. I told a few other supporters that I wouldn't mind singing it as a tribute to the fallen local boy at a playoff game.

Oh, it's such a perfect day

I'm glad I spent it with you

Oh such a perfect day

You just keep me hanging on

You just keep me hanging on

I don't take most entertainers' personal lives all that seriously, and generally just judge them on their work, but rarely have I disliked one as much as Reed.

http://joshalanfried...-reason-to.html

That said, it WAS a perfect day!

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

I don't take most entertainers' personal lives all that seriously, and generally just judge them on their work, but rarely have I disliked one as much as Reed.

http://joshalanfried...-reason-to.html

That said, it WAS a perfect day!

The curtain, pull it back! Pull it back!  :lol:

-------------------

We gotcha coach fi-yad, Fi-ya.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

If you watch the video, the center midfield seats are maybe 60/40 full. No doubt there was a lot of people there, but mostly in SW and upper decks. I wonder if there's anything at this point the FO can do to get those seats consistently full.

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,906 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If you watch the video, the center midfield seats are maybe 60/40 full. No doubt there was a lot of people there, but mostly in SW and upper decks. I wonder if there's anything at this point the FO can do to get those seats consistently full.

I've seen the replay twice, and I also saw it live.  It was the best MLS crowd so far at RBA.  Best guess the empty seats that were there are either the result of scalpers, or perhaps even those season tickets holders who skipped the game due to other commitments.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

I've seen the replay twice, and I also saw it live.  It was the best MLS crowd so far at RBA.  Best guess the empty seats that were there are either the result of scalpers, or perhaps even those season tickets holders who skipped the game due to other commitments.

I sit in that section. Like big parts of the stadium it was only half full at the start, it did feel like one of the better crowds as the game went on. I was, however, watching the game rather than counting heads, so you'll have to rely on opinions rather than facts. :P

Bo R. Acho from NJ

Bo R. Acho from NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Supports:metro

OK, doots, enjoy the pics.

https://www.dropbox....wyrn/_Zw7ycZDlz

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

the center midfield seats are maybe 60/40 full. ... I wonder if there's anything at this point the FO can do

https://www.dropbox....ll-DSC_1999.jpg

The FO knows what ticket are unused & where.  Do they reach out to missing STHs?  Try to ID scalpers?

Perhaps they want the RB logo visible!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

I'm re watching this game for some reason and I gotta say, Steele looks much worse in the first half than I remember. Luyindula also doesn't look as good as I remember.

Also there's an amazing sequence in the 35th minute when Soumare clatters ass-first into Cahill's head, Cahill walks around woozily, then Henry takes the free kick and Cahill is there in the box, going between/through 2 players to head it down. He almost gets it on goal too. What is Cahill made of?

Gene Wolters

Gene Wolters

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

What is Cahill made of?

Vegemite

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

In the 43rd minute there's a pretty long race between Sam and Nyarko to get to a loose ball. They tied.

EDIT: Actually Nyarko won by a hair. Sam had the edge in the beginning but he tired.

Also, I didn't realize how badly we were dominated in the first 15-20 minutes. Petke was rightly upset in the halftime interview.

On Robles' awesome feed to Peguy on the 3rd goal sequence, you can see Sekagya pointing out the open man before Robles throws it.

Jeremy Thunder

Jeremy Thunder

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Vegemite

makes ya a hard cunt, mate

(just read that in a shrill australian accent)

__    __   ______Spirit_of_96 __ __     _____    
 /_/\  /\_\ /\_____\/\_______)\/_/\__/\  ) ___ (   
 ) ) \/ ( (( (_____/\(___  __\/) ) ) ) )/ /\_/\ \  
/_/ \  / \_\\ \__\    / / /   /_/ /_/_// /_/ (_\ \ 
\ \ \\// / // /__/_  ( ( (    \ \ \ \ \\ \ )_/ / / 
 )_) )( (_(( (_____\  \ \ \    )_) ) \ \\ \/_\/ /  
 \_\/  \/_/ \/_____/  /_/_/    \_\/ \_\/ )_____(   
                   Red Bull Out                                 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users