137 replies to this topic

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

He's either gonna be an assistant with Leipzig or he's gonna become head coach here. Jesse is the new Salzburg coach so that's not an option. 

And I doubt he wants to be an assistant again when spending a lot of time as assistant with Belgium. Him coming here as HC makes too much sense. Armas isn't proving to be a great coach, Henry knows the organization and is a legend here, MLS is a pressure-free environment (until the playoffs I guess), he can't get us relegated like Monaco.

I will feel bad for Armas but I'm down for coach Henry tbh. It's not like Red Bull have anything to lose, what are we gonna do, not win an MLS cup?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

It's not like Red Bull have anything to lose, what are we gonna do, not win an MLS cup?

Could always just miss the playoffs

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Sometimes the best players just don't turn into even good coaches. Wayne Gretzky is a perfect example of that situation. He was an absolutely terrible coach.

Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they do. (Zidane). We don't know about Henry yet from one short experience.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,686 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Henry wants to play Guardiola's type of football. I dont see that happening with rbny or any other red bull team.

However, I can see this being a move made by nycfc

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Him coming here as HC makes too much sense. Armas isn't proving to be a great coach, Henry knows the organization and is a legend here

If I'm Red Bull and I'm weighing his disastrous start to his coaching career against being a fan favorite, I know which way I'm leaning. Being a club legend and knowing the org won't make him any better of a coach.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

If we're making room for former Metros, I'd rather Wolly get a chance than give the helm to Henry.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

I would be down with this. The Armas experiment has failed IMO. We aren't just getting bad results - we look bad doing it. Teams have figured out our press, and we basically have no answer for it. If Henry fails, then he fails. But I don't think it can't be worse than where Armas has us now. And it's not every day that you get a Thierry Henry who wants to coach your club. Yes he failed at Moncao, but they also just had a bad team with a ton of injuries. Not everyone succeeds on their first try. Maybe it was a learning experience. We all know that Henry is a football genius - its just a question of whether he is a good teacher.

As for the hype, obviously we wouldn't start magically selling out, but I do think it would be nice to have his name attached to the club again. It would bring back some swagger to the club. He's a huge name, and a club legend. Personally, he's my favorite player of all time and the reason that I started following this club. And I know I'm not the only one.

ha

Henry has only bad results as Head Coach.  it could be far far worse then where we are.    

He is  a genius but doesn't strike me as a teacher.  Motivator sure. 

But just waiting all the threads on MF about how dare the coach throw up his hands were a player doesn't make the right play. 

Could care less about his name attached to the club.  Players want to play for Tata not Titi (until we are proven otherwise). 

Guy might be a great assistant.  Could be a good foil to Armas - good guy bad guy.   

Would like to see him on Murillo about his many mental mistakes.  

Also, as just mentioned Woly is proven coach, winner as a coach, player developer and known within system. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

If you are using the "Thierry Henry is a bad manger because he failed in a short stint at Monaco"....are you saying that anyone who fails during their first try as a manager should never be hired again? Is that the logic here?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

If you are using the "Thierry Henry is a bad manger because he failed in a short stint at Monaco"....are you saying that anyone who fails during their first try as a manager should never be hired again? Is that the logic here?

Ask Armas ;-)

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,949 posts

Ask Armas ;-)

I don't think Henry would be a great teacher.  Great player, great at understanding the game, great motivator but not great at coaching or teaching.

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

https://twitter.com/...525583472889858

Apparently Marsch wants Armas in Salzburg.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
So the Europe side of RB is going to poach yet another coach mid-season here?

I'm not thrilled with Armas so far but if that's the case this trend has gotta stop. It makes the MLS side much less stable.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

Denied by MLS writer: https://twitter.com/...547915352543232

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

....That would be quite the turn of events. It must be noted that this tweet is from a complete rando who may very well just be a troll. I'll be honest, I don't see any of this actually happening. We'll see...

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,110 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

That would be a very convenient solution

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users