• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RogerPhoto

RogerPhoto

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Really, I don't understand why any serious fan would even want to see a game of zero value with Chelsea.

Even more, I can't fathom why the RBFO would prioritize league games over CCL or Open Cup matches.  The MLS regular season now looks like the NHL.  30+ games to see who makes the post-season, when 12 of  the league's 20 teams qualify for the playoffs, which are just a crap shoot.  The MLS Cup is a joke.  Despite the pyramid scheme it's riding in the form of expansion, the structure and meaning of the league is pathetic.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Really, I don't understand why any serious fan would even want to see a game of zero value with Chelsea.

Even more, I can't fathom why the RBFO would prioritize league games over CCL or Open Cup matches.  The MLS regular season now looks like the NHL.  30+ games to see who makes the post-season, when 12 of  the league's 20 teams qualify for the playoffs, which are just a crap shoot.  The MLS Cup is a joke.  Despite the pyramid scheme it's riding in the form of expansion, the structure and meaning of the league is pathetic.

it sounds like you are having an existential crisis. maybe stop watching soccer altogether and take up yoga or something.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Hes not wrong on playoff format tho. 12/20 teams getting in is pretty absurd.

#RedBullOut

RedBullsFanatic

RedBullsFanatic

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Hes not wrong on playoff format tho. 12/20 teams getting in is pretty absurd.

I agree it is ridiculous. Like other professional leagues, more playoff teams equals more revenue. Personally I want the regular season to have greater meaning.

alberchico

alberchico

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:soccer, aviation
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, Real Madrid

The one legitimate gripe about the playoff format is that we'll never see 2 regional rivals make it to MLS Cup such as RB-DC or LA and Seattle

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

That's no big deal.  Happens in hockey & basketball every year. 

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullFootball

RedBullFootball

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

I agree it is ridiculous. Like other professional leagues, more playoff teams equals more revenue. Personally I want the regular season to have greater meaning.

The regular season, especially the first half of it, has a glorified pre season feel to it.  Win, lose tie, it really doesnt matter all that much.   Just tread water until July when the games start to matter a bit more.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users