377 replies to this topic

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
Is the no beer cans in stands a concacaf thing or a new rba policy? Not shocked and its certainly a defensible policy, but not going to speed service.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Is the no beer cans in stands a concacaf thing or a new rba policy? Not shocked and its certainly a defensible policy, but not going to speed service.

May be a new RBA policy because last season there were several incidents of beer cans being thrown on the field...

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal
Its a Champions League policy. It was the same last season.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Ok, couldnt remember from last year. Seemed like more concessions opened for this years concacaf than last years.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
New screens were useless as they just had ads on the sides essentially. Some steps had caution tape too. Place is falling apart!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Seemed so funny to me that they extend the board and just make the watchable screen smaller...

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Whatever "enhancements" they did to the suites obstructed the view of the upper corner sections next to them. Clearly that is why they tarped off those sections.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

New screens were useless as they just had ads on the sides essentially. Some steps had caution tape too. Place is falling apart!

They doubled the width, but not the height, so the aspect ratio of the video mean they just have blank space on the side to fill with something.    Video quality was better, but if no one pointed it out to me, I might not have noticed.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
The corners right next to the suites have been tarted for years.

Doubt they did anything to the suites.

They are closing a lot of upper sections for rbny games that will be open for international games. Look at seat maps on tm to see. Will be interesting to see if cramming everyone into fewer upper sections makes the concourses worse.
I think he scoreboard thing is really about selling some ads during game play. Whatever. Not so bothered by that.

But the idea they had to relocate peoples existing seats because of stadium enhancements is silly.

Im not sure they can even put concessions or a bar up there. Isnt there a NJ thing about where vendors can sell? Which is why its different than at different sports games in NY where you have vendors traveling to seats etc.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Sorry double post

Edited by redredred, 28 February 2019 - 12:10 PM.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

They doubled the width, but not the height, so the aspect ratio of the video mean they just have blank space on the side to fill with something.    Video quality was better, but if no one pointed it out to me, I might not have noticed.

I'm not even sure the video quality was any different. Did they even replace the old screens or just ad to them? 

Any theories on this UGLY turf?

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
No idea why they'd put turf around the pitch. Surely not a significant cost savings.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Yes, their Whine Meter showed a distinct drop in complaining and they wanted to reverse that. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm not even sure the video quality was any different. Did they even replace the old screens or just ad to them? 

of all the things to complain about....  the edge turf????

Despite being underwhelmed by the modest increase in size, the video quality was very noticeably  improved

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

of all the things to complain about....

Despite being underwhelmed by the modest increase in size, the video quality was very noticeably  improved

One day in the life of a NY sports fan: If it changes, bitch. If it doesn't change, bitch.  :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users