Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Sporting Lisbon
Jorge Rojas: B+ (he will do very well)

Gabriel Cichero: C (he will help but will not add a great deal to what we have)

Diego Jiménez: D- (based on his résumé, it’s very unlikely that he will help; he tended not to play regularly for the team he played for)

Juan Pietravallo: D (based on his résumé, he will be of little help to us. I will be very surprised if he is as good as Guido ou Pedro Alvarez; he tended not to play regularly for the teams he played for)

Oscar Echeverry: D+ (has shown some sparks but has not done much when it counted)

Andrew Boyens: D+ (has had some sporadic “ok” performances but, overall, has been mediocre)
These high-IQ Margaritas are genious !!!
http://metrostarsint....blogs.sapo.pt/

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Diego Jimenez: C (he will help but will not add a great deal to what we have)

Diego Jimenez: D- (based on his résumé, it's very unlikely that he will help; he tended not to play regularly for the team he played for)

Juan Pietravallo: D (based on his résumé, he will be of little help to us. I will be very surprised if he is as good as Guido ou Pedro Alvarez; he tended not to play regularly for the teams he played for)

Oscar Echeverry: D+ (has shown some sparks but has not done much when it counted)

Andrew Boyens: D+ (has had some sporadic "ok" performances but, overall, has been mediocre)

A bit early to rate the signings' ability to play for us, no?

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Agreed. Let's see these new guys in a few games before passing judgment.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
RIght now I give JCO a B for effort.

Wether that turns into a F or A+ in the coming weeks remains to be seen.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA

Exactly. The ratings of Boyens and Etchy are fair because they have had ample time to prove their worth (or lack there of).

You also can't rate a player based on their play in the past in other leagues especially. They could walk into the MLS and tear it up or they could never adapt and fail miserably. It all depends on the style they play, the cohesive play between their teamates, the system the coach plays, and of course their overall individual skill.

Your ratings are also in a way popularity based. I would assume you would rate a player like Henry, Eto, Diego, or Terry as an "A+" before they got here but they could very well struggle and play poorly. We've seen it time after time that great players transfer to new leagues and perform no where near their expected level of play.

Perhaps players like Jiminez or Pietr will come in and tear it up in MLS. Rojas and Cichero may even play poorly. You really don't know. Lets hold our ratings until atleast a few games in when we get to see how they settle and mesh with the team. Honestly in my opinion almost anyone walking into this team right now is at least a C for the lone fact that they aren't the players that we currently have.

Oh and btw you listed Jiminez twice. I'll assume you meant for the first entry to be Cichero.
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

MetroSquard

MetroSquard

ain't nuttin to fcuk wit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, USA

Agreed. Let's see these new guys in a few games before passing judgment.

+1

RBNY10

RBNY10

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Man U, Everton
yea you have to see them play before you can decide, and by the way, you rated jimenez twice and gave him different scores

Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

yea you have to see them play before you can decide, and by the way, you rated jimenez twice and gave him different scores

Thanks for the correction! God, I don't know what I did when I was copying and pasting their names!

This is what I meant:

Diego Jiménez: D- (based on his résumé, it’s very unlikely that he will help; he tended not to play regularly for the team he played for)

Andrew Boyens: D+ (has had some sporadic “ok” performances but, overall, has been mediocre)

whoshotsam

whoshotsam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Chelsea
How can you rate Rojas, Pietravallo, Cichero and Jimenez when they haven't even kicked a ball for Metro yet?
"Defeatism is punishable by death." - You Suck Corrales

Belshina

Belshina

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Juventus, Real Madrid
i would give him an F- just for getting rid of Kovalenko and Doe in the pre-season...clearing cap space for what? He could of done exactly the same thing right now. But again who knew that Altiidore will get sold and jpa and reyna get injured for a while

Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

i would give him an F- just for getting rid of Kovalenko and Doe in the pre-season...(...)

I would have kept Clint Mathis, too, at least for 2008!

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA

i would give him an F- just for getting rid of Kovalenko and Doe in the pre-season...clearing cap space for what? He could of done exactly the same thing right now. But again who knew that Altiidore will get sold and jpa and reyna get injured for a while

Jozy being sold and Reyna being injured for a long stint were in no way surprising. JPA's injury was unexpected but he did have signs early on in the season and even pre season that he wasnt at 100%

You are right though. Kovalenko and Doe shouldn't have been dumped only to be replaced by the likes of bench warmers and Etchy.
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Thanks for the correction! God, I don't know what I did when I was copying and pasting their names!

This is what I meant:

You are the type of guy that begs this team to sign a player from some league even though you have never seen them play, right?

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

Metro-211-7

Metro-211-7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

You are the type of guy that begs this team to sign a player from some league even though you have never seen them play, right?

No, completely to the contrary! The soccer in MLS is at a very decent level! Very rarely an average foreign player has success here! Sure, there are relatively unknown players who can play well in this league, but it is kind of rare!

A player without a reasonable résumé will VERY LIKELY fail in the MLS!

I don't advocate for acquiring players that don't have value for national team consideration (except for Braziliens or Argentinians, and a few others due to the quality and quantity they have).

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
Whooosh.

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users