72 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,017 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

And theres no way RB sends their planned golden boy to Juventus before he can even make an impact on RBL. This is a non story

They sold Haland to Dortmund from Salzburg.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Clarke'path to nt will be tough. He would have to tear MLS or go to europe if he wants a shot on the wc squad.

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They sold Haland to Dortmund from Salzburg.

halland didnt want to go to Leipzig Clark wants to go to Leipzig

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

$ talks for RB, say goodbye...

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,840 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia
Interesting tidbit from Matt Doyle in his January camp article:

Neither is young Caden Clark, which surprises me at least a little bit (he was originally scheduled to go to Leipzig this month, though that fell through).

https://www.mlssocce...rosters-january

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
I think its fine Clark isnt included no need to rush the kid

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador
https://theathletic....rb-leipzig-mls/

According to this, at least we have him for on year. Good thing he doesn't have an EU passport and is under 18.

LONG LIVE METRO

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,185 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

https://theathletic....rb-leipzig-mls/

Whatever will we do with the transfer fee?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,749 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Whatever will we do with the transfer fee?

What transfer fee?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
So rather than acting like a normal club and looking to get the best bid we essentially just sold him to our parent club at a discount. What else can I say?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

So rather than acting like a normal club and looking to get the best bid we essentially just sold him to our parent club at a discount. What else can I say?

Isn't there some sort of FIFA rule that prevents this from happening? Not saying its an effective rule, but I thought there was. 

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

I think it's a good bet that, if we weren't going to sell him to Leipzig, he wasn't going to sign with us.

That being said, with Adams and Clark saving them probably tens of millions in transfer fees at this point they better fucking invest in our club and help us pull in some DPs. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
As long as we get the max allocation money it doesnt matter.

The bigger issue is we sign this kid to move up the pipeline for them, but they cant outlay an extra million to finalize the transfer of a player that we were courting for 2-3 weeks.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

From the perspective of RB corporate, who are ultimately funding all the teams, it really doesn't make a difference.  A penny saved is a penny earned.  If they get Clark at a discount, they have saved some amount of money that it would cost to buy a similar player and thus have it available to spend on something else.  The issue is that it will likely not be spending in New York. 

My biggest issue with these future transfer decisions is that that are completely removed from decisions based on the competitiveness at the team at the time the transfer takes place. The Adams deal was similarly structured and I believe that if we had been able to keep him for another year, the team would have been a serious MLS Cup threat.  Instead it fell apart because Adams was the most important player in the team.

If Clark breaks out this year and the team looks good, the team will immediately be be broken up like it was when Adams left. Jordan Morris has shown the value of top level American prospect who is willing to play for multiple years in building an MLS Cup winner.  With the RB policy, it seems unlikely we will ever be able to build a core of players that will be able to compete for years.  Teams that win titles do not regularly get rid of their best young talent when on the cusp of winning things. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Efried

Efried

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

as far as mls is concerned 3mil and 100 mil make zero difference its 1 mil gam max of the mls money rest doesnt really matter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users