22 replies to this topic

BrooklynFC

BrooklynFC

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Supports:RedBull NY
Why the fuck did we fire the one guy that knew MLS?

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

Why the fuck did we fire the one guy that knew MLS?

My guess is because Backe and Soler have the man management skills of my deceased dog.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
Actually we fired TWO assistants with a combined 15+ years experience in coaching (not to mention the years RW spent as a player) in MLS two weeks before the season stared...for no REASON!!

Backe has no idea what he is doing and his stooge butt buddy from Sweden is a passenger.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Golden Ghost FC

Golden Ghost FC

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:watching the bulls, rangers, knicks and F1
  • Supports:red bull New York, Manchester city
Why the fuck did we sign brian nielsen?
why the fuck did we trade DeRo?
Why the fuck did we ignore our biggest hole in the roster during both windows?
Why the fuck were we chanting "deepest team ever" all preseason?
Why the fuck did we spend 4.6mil on marquez?
Why the fuck have out set pieces not improved?
Why the fuck do we keep watching these atrocities every week?

Why indeed.....

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Does anyone think that if Red Bull reached out to him, he would want to come back?

A shitty team that has high expectations, precious few draft picks (which was apparently his forte), almost no salary cap space, and a reputation of firing people, including him. Not an appealing gig for a first-time manager...

xenianyb

xenianyb

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Supports:Roma and Liverpool
Richie is actually coaching one of the US under-something teams. He is also currently pursuing legal action against the team.

So I do not think that he would want to come back.

MetroFever

MetroFever

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Actually we fired TWO assistants with a combined 15+ years experience in coaching (not to mention the years RW spent as a player) in MLS two weeks before the season stared...for no REASON!!

Backe has no idea what he is doing and his stooge butt buddy from Sweden is a passenger.

With Williams and McAlanen running the practices last year, the team put a good season together.

Richie is actually coaching one of the US under-something teams. He is also currently pursuing legal action against the team.

I don't doubt this story. It would explain why both guys have been silent ever since being canned. Can you elaborate as to what his grounds for wrongful termination are?

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I don't doubt this story. It would explain why both guys have been silent ever since being canned. Can you elaborate as to what his grounds for wrongful termination are?

Not being Scandinavian.

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Not being Scandinavian.

+1

Williams is the obvious choice but it will never happen while Soler is in charge. We never did get an explanation why him & Des were fired. How bad could of it been?! Did it involve children & farm animals?!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

So I do not think that he would want to come back.

Fairly certain I saw him, or his twin, at the RU/Indiana game. But we are ALL still waiting for somone to share what a little birdie may have told them off the record about what happened. The fact that no one has, other than saying "it was legit," tells me that it was pretty bad.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Fairly certain I saw him, or his twin, at the RU/Indiana game. But we are ALL still waiting for somone to share what a little birdie may have told them off the record about what happened. The fact that no one has, other than saying "it was legit," tells me that it was pretty bad.

Unles he raped or murdered someone I don't care what he did. He was never criminally charged with anything so his misconduct would have been something internal between him and Backe/Soler.

Him and Des probably were out drinking at the pub some night during pre-season camp. Hello!!!Des is like born in a pub and he's Irish! I suspect that is what this is about. Sad part is a buzzed and hungover Richie is probably still a more capable MLS manager than Backe.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts
  • Supports:Metro & USA
Drinking should not be cause unless you DUI. Maybe he was posting here? Maybe he was talking to reporters? Whatever, get rid of the clueless Soler and Backe, and bring back Richie and Des. Make Petke the GM.

sapo

sapo

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
I know this is my first post but I am not a troll. This is why the fired Richie. Backe didn't like lokking over his shoulder at Richie and Des and got a little worried over how much support they had with the players. So Backe decided that it was a "money issue" and worked on cutting them loose over this. Basically that he didn't need them attheir salaries. He brings other coaches, who after seeing Rafa and Titi do whatever they want and walk over him, lose respect for him. Richie sued and won a settlement from the team. That is why they won't say why they got fired. Because ther is no real reason. That is the rumor.

DHatch

DHatch

Site Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,205 posts
  • Supports:Mighty Metros

I know this is my first post but I am not a troll. This is why the fired Richie. Backe didn't like lokking over his shoulder at Richie and Des and got a little worried over how much support they had with the players. So Backe decided that it was a "money issue" and worked on cutting them loose over this. Basically that he didn't need them attheir salaries. He brings other coaches, who after seeing Rafa and Titi do whatever they want and walk over him, lose respect for him. Richie sued and won a settlement from the team. That is why they won't say why they got fired. Because ther is no real reason. That is the rumor.

Interesting. Would a settlement be done that quickly already?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,320 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm not buying it. When people like Harraby, who hate the RB organization, say that the firing was justified, there is something to it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users