10 replies to this topic

lofty

lofty

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Supports:Colchester United
I'm visiting the Red Bulls for the first time for the Atlanta game on September 30th. I'm looking for advice on where to get breakfast/brunch before the game. I'm assuming somewhere in the Ironbound area but any help would be welcome.
Thanks.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Welcome where u co info from?
Not sure for breakfast in iron bound but Tops Diner short drive away is NJ I icon. Sat morning very busy time though

Lunch hamburgao Brazilian 7 layer hamburgers great fries Nastos for ice cream

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

lofty

lofty

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm coming in from Manhattan. 

Okay, eat before I come. Next question, where's best for a beer and will anywhere be showing the EPL game so I can catch the first half (although it's Cardiff v Burnley so I'm not so fussed about that!).

CahillsRightJab

CahillsRightJab

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, CFC, USMNT, Cafateros

I second Tops Diner. Place is choice. 

If you're trying to watch EPL in the city before you come over, there are many locations that you'll be able to find through a quick google search. Legends in midtown usually shows everything EPL.

Trumanaldo

Trumanaldo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Supports:MetroBulls, Liverpool, NFFC, COBRA

I believe the Scots Club in Kearny shows Premier league games. Also maybe Catas in the Ironbound?

I'd rather die than live in a world where I can't kick your ass.

"Seattle fans talking trash on Justin TV but I have absolutely zero soccer knowledge to counter with" - Philadelphia Union Fan.

http://redbullrant.wordpress.com

lofty

lofty

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll eat breakfast in Manhattan, get the PATH to Newark Penn Station and have a pre-game wander in the ironbound and see what catches my eye. Not fussed about Cardiff v Burnley to be honest.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll eat breakfast in Manhattan, get the PATH to Newark Penn Station and have a pre-game wander in the ironbound and see what catches my eye. Not fussed about Cardiff v Burnley to be honest.

Get some custard cups at texieria bakery for breakfast or mid morning snack

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

my new favorite place to pregame before games is called Ah Pizz. It's a new pizzeria/gastropub that has lots of tables and also a bar.  They have TVs so you can probably ask the bartenders to put one of the EPL games on if they're televised.  From the Harrison PATH station, go left and walk a little bit past the Five Guys. 

lofty

lofty

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I like the look of Ah Pizz. Problem is the game I'm coming to is the Atlanta one, which is a 1.00 pm kick-off on a Sunday when it isn't slated to open until 12.00. Would it open any earlier because of the game?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

ah that sucks. i would call them today. they get a TON of business on gamedays, so it would be silly for them not to open a little earlier that day

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Don't know how soon they open but Bellos by Newark Penn Station is real great. That's where me, Jake and Chiefs go. Tina is the best!!!
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users