Breakfast is the most important meal of the day?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros

A large bowl of rolled oats with cinnamon, a handful of blueberries, one kiwi and 2 banannas and honey on the top.

I don't get it. None of that causes heart disease.

IamMetro

IamMetro

The Alpha and Omega

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars, Real Madrid CF, USMNT

It's Taylor Ham until I suck in my last lung full no matter where I am living, Jersey or otherwise.

Shit, I think that map is legit. I live in hudson county and I had no idea what a "pork roll" was until today. I have been eating those from the portugese coffee truck for years now. But I guess I will stick with calling a taylor ham, egg and cheese roll.
Jonny G/MoSeS- "As "MetroFanatic" has said, this message board system is for mature conversation. If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything."
Jonny G/MoSeS- "I never wrote that! This is plagiarism (Sp?)."

"When the seagulls... follow the trawler... it's because they think... sardines will be thrown... into the sea". - Éric Cantona

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It's Taylor Ham until I suck in my last lung full no matter where I am living, Jersey or otherwise.

I'm with you, brother

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

Breakfast for Dinner Night has crossed over from this board to r/rbny on Reddit.

We're gonna make it, guys. It's gonna happen.

nvxafU2.png

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

If you live outside of Jersey, people won't know what you're talking about either way.  

Also, egg and cheese on a roll - salt, pepper, ketchup.  

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

torpedo roll: bacon (lots of bacon), hash browns, fried eggs, lettuce (for health), pesto mayo, hot sauce, cheddar (possibly provolone), a couple slices of onions, a sliced up sausage patty 

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

This Taylor Ham/pork roll stuff reminds me of the reception I got ordering home fries at a Perkins just off of Rt 80 in Stroudsburg PA. Miss snooty waitress corrected me by telling me "we call them breakfast potatoes here". Since I am not an early morning person I told her "whatever you call them, just bring them". Of course that episode spurred the family's entertainment for the rest of the journey to Niagara Falls because every time I mentioned something someone else would say "we call that...".

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster

Breakfast for Dinner Night has crossed over from this board to r/rbny on Reddit.

We're gonna make it, guys. It's gonna happen.

nvxafU2.png

Happy to help man. Happy to help.

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

LongLiveTheBeautifulGame

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Arsenal, USMNT, & the 4-2-3-1

This Taylor Ham/pork roll stuff reminds me of the reception I got ordering home fries at a Perkins just off of Rt 80 in Stroudsburg PA. Miss snooty waitress corrected me by telling me "we call them breakfast potatoes here". Since I am not an early morning person I told her "whatever you call them, just bring them". Of course that episode spurred the family's entertainment for the rest of the journey to Niagara Falls because every time I mentioned something someone else would say "we call that...".

I have some friends from CT who refer to subs as "grinders".

"Hey man, I'm gonna get that Italian grinder for lunch later on at Paul's Deli."

Italian grinder? Sounds like an ex-mafia hit man. Count me out.

123NYwins

123NYwins

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • Supports:Metropolitan SC, USA, & DC folding

It's remarkably altruistic of all of you to protest Red Bull ownership, seeing as it looks like no one's got more than a year left to live.

#RedBullOut

"This is where I’m from. A team I represented for over 10 years. If I had been going somewhere it would have just been a job."

-Mike Petke

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I have some friends from CT who refer to subs as "grinders".

"Hey man, I'm gonna get that Italian grinder for lunch later on at Paul's Deli."

Italian grinder? Sounds like an ex-mafia hit man. Count me out.

holy shit, I just had this discussion with my wife.  To me an Italian Grinder has a little monkey dancing with it.  We live in Tolland county CT and what I, growing up in Fairfield County CT, always called a 'wedge' they call a 'grinder.'  Also for some unknown reason they like to put that in a pizza oven.  It's a fricken cold cut sandwich.  Furthermore they sometimes use 'wicked' as an adverb.

Anyways, far as I can gather, Wedge is a fairfield/westchester/duchess/partial bronx idiom for what more southerly folks call a sub.

So what is taylor ham?  is that the same as canadian bacon?  

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

holy shit, I just had this discussion with my wife.  To me an Italian Grinder has a little monkey dancing with it.  We live in Tolland county CT and what I, growing up in Fairfield County CT, always called a 'wedge' they call a 'grinder.'  Also for some unknown reason they like to put that in a pizza oven.  It's a fricken cold cut sandwich.  Furthermore they sometimes use 'wicked' as an adverb.

Anyways, far as I can gather, Wedge is a fairfield/westchester/duchess/partial bronx idiom for what more southerly folks call a sub.

No it is not canadian bacon. I don't really know how to explain it. It's circuluar and slightly thick and has a little chew to it. Canadian bacon is rubbery.

bukie2k

bukie2k

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • Supports:ManU, Cosmos, Metros

Other than sharing the same general shape not even close; the Candians should be so lucky. Taylor Ham has nice texture to it whereas Canadian bacon would make a nice in a pinch shingle repair. Why it is even considered bacon is beyond me.

Yeah, I'm a Taylor Ham snob. I'm cool with that.

When you are born, you get a ticket to the freak show. If you are born in the United States, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

stencil

stencil

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Supports:Metro

tostones or maduros?

The correct answer is "Yes".

stencil

stencil

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Shit, I think that map is legit. I live in hudson county and I had no idea what a "pork roll" was until today. I have been eating those from the portugese coffee truck for years now. But I guess I will stick with calling a taylor ham, egg and cheese roll.

I'm Middlesex County born and raised and it has always been and always will be Pork Roll.  Taylor Ham sounds like someone trying to dress up the fact that they're eating a poisonous, yet tasty food-like substance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users