http://www.nypost.co.....20Soccer Blog <_<

grillcheesy

grillcheesy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Supports:US, Red Bulls, Yankees
Brian Lewis @NYPost_Lewis: @KAKA "has a dream to live in US and play in MLS" according to his agent. #MLS better have an armada working on that. http://t.co/D5N6tGYx
Tweet
Is obviously the writer of this artical

NewcastleEnergyDrink

NewcastleEnergyDrink

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle United, USA
Posted Image
Why Soccer is better than Baseball:

Soccer is a game about a group of people working together to protect and obtain a common goal.

Baseball is a game with a bunch of babies just trying to run "home" and be "safe"

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos
"wants to play in the US/MLS" is every agents favorite saying for their 30 and over clients.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Posted Image

5 year plan

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls
I still think this is unlikely to happen. I would love it if it were true but is the company ready to dump a boatload of cash on one player? When A.C. Milan says they can't afford him that says something.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I still think this is unlikely to happen. I would love it if it were true but is the company ready to dump a boatload of cash on one player? When A.C. Milan says they can't afford him that says something.

Italian teams have a problem, because the taxes are so ridiculous that they have to pay 30% more for the player just to break even on what they might get somewhere else. But his high salary might actually make it more likely, because it would explain why they might be willing to let him out of his contract. We've all seen whats happening with their economy. If they want to cut payroll, he wants to come here, and no one else in a big league can afford him..... still ain't gonna happen.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
Posted Image

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

http://www.nypost.co.....20Soccer Blog <_<

There is no "mystery signing". No one having any authority has said there will be a DP signing this window and even if Soler did say it there's no reason to believe him. Of course mysteries are nice but don't get your hopes up that a 30 year old world-class caliber player is coming here any time soon. I mean, if you were Kaka wouldn't you want to prove you could still play on a very high level (leaving aside the loaded European clubs RB would have to compete with)? That's done in Europe, not MLS.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA
This rumor may be fallout from the financial mess in Europe (other than in some northern countries like Germany and Switzerland). No one knows how it will play out. It could be more mid-level players available, or maybe top-level like Kaka. But there is a big mess in Europe and something has to give with regard to soccer.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Of course mysteries are nice but don't get your hopes up that a 30 year old world-class caliber player is coming here any time soon. I mean, if you were Kaka wouldn't you want to prove you could still play on a very high level (leaving aside the loaded European clubs RB would have to compete with)? That's done in Europe, not MLS.

No one is betting the rent money on this happening, but FWIW, he's just two years younger than Henry was when he came here.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

HarryRoberts

HarryRoberts

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Supports:Notts County and New York Red Bulls
Why is this so hard to believe? Just because other teams in your domestic league wouldn't even consider this nor would they be able to pull off a type of move like this its not as far fetched as many of you seem to think. Kaka only has 2 or 3 good years left in the tank for a big EU club, he has already purchased an apartment in NY, and if like so many of you claim its all about marketing what is a bigger marketing tool than bringing in perhaps one of the best Brazilian players of the past 10 years on the eve of the 2014 WC? It would lock him in to RB during that time frame, and would sell a boat load of cans of RB, increase local awareness in the club and furthermore MLS has already stated they want to be a top 5 league by 2020. You can't be a world class league without World Class players, and you can't all of a sudden overnight say ok now lets start attracting players in their prime in 2019. You have to walk before you can run, and this move catapoults MLS into even further into the world scene. I hear your arguemnet that MLS doesn't do this, but at some point they will have to replace Beckham, Henry, etc.. and if you lock in Kaka for 5 years there you go. Backe has already stated from tweets I've seen from Arlo white that RB has already signed the player and Backe was all grins and smiles about who it was.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Let's look at the facts:

- Kaka has an apartment in New York City
- Kaka's agent said the following per B Lewis article, " “We don’t speak about negotiation even if it is or not rumor. What I can say to you right now is that Kaka have a dream to live in US and play in MLS,’’ Kotscho told the Post. “If isn’t now, in the future probably he will join MLS.’’
- Red Bull has already shown the ability to spend big and did so for both Henry and Marquez.
- Backe has been grinning / smiling when asked the DP.
- Soler has said that Ballack is not a player they are looking at.

Now, here's some conjecture:
- The biggest hurdle is the contract he has with Real Madrid. He has 3 years left at RM, how can RBNY take on that contract?
- AC Milan's Director has stated Kaka's contract is impossible to pay given Italian Tax Structure.
- Kaka is an add on at Real Madrid. No longer a necessity to their club.
- RBNY has failed to connect with the significant Portuguese speaking population surrounding Red Bull Arena.
- Part of that is inability to hold events, marketing, etc. in Portuguese.
- Kaka won the World Player of the Year Award 5 years ago
- He's one of the best and most respected Brazillian players of the last 15 years.
- Kaka is one of the few Brazillian players who grew up in moderate wealth. He's well educated, speaks well, and would be a quality spokesman for the team in the local community.
- Kaka (along with Neymar) would continue to open up Brazil to Red Bull products... and as one of the few large economies still growing there is a lot of opportunity there.
- On the field, Kaka is that type of technical / finesse player fans have dreamed about.
- Interest from the local community would blossom overnight.
- RBNY dreams of the day that gameday is the first priority each gameday for residents of Harrison / Ironbound Newark

Conclusion: If you can do this financially, this is a no brainer. Do it.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
Worth repeating, his best friend Marcelo Saragosa (they were each other's best man) now plays for the Scum, and has played on four MLS teams.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain

Shogun of Jersey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,584 posts
  • Interests:I do things
  • Supports:RBNY
My thoughts? George Weah to MLS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users