23 replies to this topic

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,414 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hamlet is STILL in charge of paperwork?!?!? WTF?????

We should all be so lucky with that job security!

Didn't the MLSPA suit pretty much absolve Hamlett of any potential wrongdoing in Kaku's case? I think he did his part, Kaku and his entourage are just assholes.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Id rather we pay a game-changer DP the big bucks.

I mean we arent paying Gomez Red Bull global is

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Didn't the MLSPA suit pretty much absolve Hamlett of any potential wrongdoing in Kaku's case? I think he did his part, Kaku and his entourage are just assholes.

I defer to the lawyers on this, but IMO if he was really doing his job there would have been no way for them to use the excuse they did in the first place.

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I defer to the lawyers on this, but IMO if he was really doing his job there would have been no way for them to use the excuse they did in the first place.

think kaku people used a technicality and so deceptive slight of hand to muddy his actual representation

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

think kaku people used a technicality and so deceptive slight of hand to muddy his actual representation

And hopefully Hamlet has learned from this experience. Fool me once shame on you, etc.

However, this is just ANOTHER in a long list of things where it seems everyone is learning and figuring shit out at RBNY instead of leaning on experience, knowing what to do and going out and winning MLS Cup.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,410 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

I mean we arent paying Gomez Red Bull global is

Can he still ply up top??

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,113 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we arent paying Gomez Red Bull global is

So RBNY is not paying one cent towards Gomez?
I would rather RBGlobal give the cost of Gomez to RBNY to pay for a game-changer DP.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Maybe they heard the name "Gomez" ands figured he'd be fine

he does speak spanish. his family is originally from spain who migrated to germany. 

67% Class

67% Class

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

he does speak spanish. his family is originally from spain who migrated to germany. 

My conspiratorial, baseless, prognostication: 

1) Gomez assists in acquisition of Nexaca: Are the Red Bulls about to have a sister club in Mexico? - Once A Metro

As sort of a sporting expert who RB brass trust, but who also speaks Spanish and has a playing pedigree that garners respect. 

In fact, looking at the originally translated article, the position seems less specific than OaM make it seem - I dont read it necessarily as boss of NY and Bragantino... 

Official job: Gomez in talks with RB boss Mintzlaff (90min.de)

2) RB sells Metro, keeps the USL team and the academy. 

3) Thelwell becomes, "western hemisphere soccer guy" and moves players up and across US Academy, USL, RB Nexaca, RB Bragantino towards Europe. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users