38 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
I'm shocked that "Come get run into the ground and shorten your career!" isn't much of a recruiting pitch. All hail The System.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'm shocked that "Come get run into the ground and shorten your career!" isn't much of a recruiting pitch. All hail The System.

Yeah Salzburg and Leipzig have such a hard time recruiting

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
What's good for Salzburg and Leipzig - teams that can offer UEFA competitions/exposure - means so very little here. Couldn't care less about any RB team's recruiting except the one that just had its homegrown captain tell them "yeah I'm good, thanks though."

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

What's good for Salzburg and Leipzig - teams that can offer UEFA competitions/exposure - means so very little here. Couldn't care less about any RB team's recruiting except the one that just had its homegrown captain tell them "yeah I'm good, thanks though."

Leipzig worked its way from like the 4th division. They weren't born in UEFA. Somehow they recruited. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Leipzig worked its way from like the 4th division. They weren't born in UEFA. Somehow they recruited. 

They were able to do so by vastly outspending everyone in those lower divisions. If we gave someone an offer significantly greater than anyone else they'd be willing to come here and play that style.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

They were able to do so by vastly outspending everyone in those lower divisions. If we gave someone an offer significantly greater than anyone else they'd be willing to come here and play that style.

And do you think the majority of those players left Leipzig thinking, "wow, they ran me into the ground and my career suffered for it"?

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Metro

And do you think the majority of those players left Leipzig thinking, "wow, they ran me into the ground and my career suffered for it"?

Actually  they did kinda ruin Terrance Boyd’s career if I remember right. Omer Damari is like in his early 30’s and coaches a u17 Israeli team so maybe him too. From those lower division Red Bull teams especially the 2nd-4th tier days yeah I can probably find a few more examples.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Actually  they did kinda ruin Terrance Boyds career if I remember right. Omer Damari is like in his early 30s and coaches a u17 Israeli team so maybe him too. From those lower division Red Bull teams especially the 2nd-4th tier days yeah I can probably find a few more examples.

Lol, you know that guys that rely physical skill sets like speed or jumping ability start to lose that ability when they hit 28 and 29 years old. The red bull system relies on these type of players. It's normal to see a decline. Some players adjust to there declining physical skills because they learn to be more effective when they press.

This is nothing to do with running ppl to the ground but more with father time catching up to older players.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Lol, you know that guys that rely physical skill sets like speed or jumping ability start to lose that ability when they hit 28 and 29 years old. The red bull system relies on these type of players. It's normal to see a decline. Some players adjust to there declining physical skills because they learn to be more effective when they press.

This is nothing to do with running ppl to the ground but more with father time catching up to older players.

28 or 29 to lose ability is a little young regardless of skill set don’t you think? 

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

28 or 29 to lose ability is a little young regardless of skill set dont you think? 

no, you start to decline but it doesnt become very noticeable until your early 30s. It's not a light switch that happens instantly

I would argue that if your in a team that prioritizes fitness then you will most likely have a very long career since you will begin your decline at a very high level as long as you can adapt like henry or bwp

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Actually  they did kinda ruin Terrance Boyds career if I remember right. Omer Damari is like in his early 30s and coaches a u17 Israeli team so maybe him too. From those lower division Red Bull teams especially the 2nd-4th tier days yeah I can probably find a few more examples.

They didn't run Boyd into the ground though. He tore his ACL like half a season after signing there, and he didn't get any kind of form back until he moved to the German third tier a couple of years ago. They sent him out on loan a bunch, and he sucked everywhere.

I'm sure there are examples of Red Bull Gegenpressing shortening careers, but I wouldn't classify Boyd as one of them.

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

They didn't run Boyd into the ground though. He tore his ACL like half a season after signing there, and he didn't get any kind of form back until he moved to the German third tier a couple of years ago.

“Tore his ACL” “run into the ground” multiple seasons of being signed only getting like a dozen if even first team games. Correct me if I’m wrong but something rings a bell…

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

28 or 29 to lose ability is a little young regardless of skill set dont you think? 

https://twitter.com/...9013222400?s=21

NovemberSadness

NovemberSadness

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

https://twitter.com/...9013222400?s=21

Lol that guy… he’s a favorite for rbny anti geriatric shield mentality Twitter so I’m going to have to pass on that advice. 

ps: Mls has various actually a lot of guys historically and currently  specifically Argentines  in their early to mid 30’s that dominate week in and week out.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I feel like I'm looking at some Rorschack tests there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users