Congratulations on 21 years, MetroFanatic!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So MetroFanatic - was it Bigsoccer when we first started? I don't remember. I just remember splitting off into Metrofan years ago & renaming it to Metrofanatic. I also remember the post about the ship being renamed and you keeping this site Metrofanatic instead of RedBullatic, lol.

Jesse Hertzberg had his original Metro website and Miguel Nunez and I ran a parallel one on Geocities. Jesse had the idea to make a super Metro site, so we combined the two. Miguel and I pretty much ran it, Jesse just had his people do the design and concentrated on the forum. Then he spun off the forum into SoccerBoards.com, which he quickly renamed BigSoccer. In 2000, Sergio Delgado started to help me with MetroFan and had the idea that we need throw off the BigSoccer shackles and do our own thing. And that's how the real MF was born. We stayed on the BS boards for two years before Harraby Lad convinced us to be done with it altogether. Jesse is now a NYC fan, so fuck that noise.

The post about the ship being renamed was done before the RB takeover (when I knew about it, but Alexi Lalas didn't!): http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=3255

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

My favorite was always trying to guess in what way Seth Stammler would look like a crackhead. Except for one year, he never disappointed. Yeah, Media day was always a highlight.

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

jjtbone

jjtbone

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • Supports:RBNY Player Hatah!

My favorite was always trying to guess in what way Seth Stammler would look like a crackhead. Except for one year, he never disappointed. Yeah, Media day was always a highlight.

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

stammler.jpg

There it is.  I think Seth is still practicing by himself for the 2010 post season.

Walter Tymczyna

Walter Tymczyna

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, Cars, Beagles, etc...
  • Supports:Red Bulls

The post about the ship being renamed was done before the RB takeover (when I knew about it, but Alexi Lalas didn't!): http://www.metrofana...ory.jsp?ID=3255

That is so baller!

--- Red Bulls & NY Jets will win a championship after my lifetime so kill me now. ---

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Oh wow, this awesome, thanks for sharing! Yeah, it was MetroFan before we split off BigSoccer in 2001.

If there is Media Day, we'll be there.

Per Fishkin, it's set for Tuesday Feb. 21. Can't wait for MFs interview with Tolkin!

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Per Fishkin, it's set for Tuesday Feb. 21. Can't wait for MFs interview with Tolkin!

Alas, not all players will be available. Sometimes the best talks are those at the end of the roster. Tolkin will be available, of course.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts

Alas, not all players will be available. Sometimes the best talks are those at the end of the roster. Tolkin will be available, of course.

Yeah, I would have loved to hear if Nocita has ever been in a submarine, and, if so, how many times did he hit his head on stuff.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Patiently waiting for Dan's Media Day interviews.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Just got home. Alas, only 5 this year with limited availability.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts

Just got home. Alas, only 5 this year with limited availability.

Fingers crossed that one is Tom "John Stockton of MLS" Barlow

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

https://twitter.com/...121338920550401

Dan that is you back row, far right, 2nd from the end, right? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yep. Bald spot visible even from that angle.

https://twitter.com/...207502566236160

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Did you know?

Bradley Wright-Phillips and Lloyd Sam ate apple pie with red wine before games

No, no I did not.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,261 posts

Did you know?

Bradley Wright-Phillips and Lloyd Sam ate apple pie with red wine before games

No, no I did not.

I think that was from Lloyd Sam on Lade's show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users