249 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts

not believing this deal.  

I think they are pumping up the $$ for a player they want to sell.  Using NYRB team as they were recently in news with Kaku trade. 

Not bad to fill silly season though.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

jerzyiroc

jerzyiroc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

He said in an interview that his agent's been talking to MLS. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts
  • Interests:Football and Football, heading to the beach and the lake. Spending time with fam at parties and reading existentialism philosophy oh yeah cant forget anime. Oh yea and MiLo is pronounced Mee-Low, its short for Camilo.
I'm glad they are willing to flex their financial muscles but there are better players with more upside and already producing more that can be gotten for less money
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I'm glad they are willing to flex their financial muscles but there are better players with more upside and already producing more that can be gotten for less money

You let me know when one of those players makes a move, because the market is what it is.   If they could get someone better for less, they would.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,109 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Article re: Pussetto

https://www.lanacion...sas-importantes

I kept the large parts of the text, and only included stuff re going to Europe and Kaku.

Google translated:

Cañada Rosquín is a typical point of the interior of the country. In this place, 146 kilometers from the capital of Santa Fe, is where León Gieco was born, which they consider the pride of a town that has only 5,000 inhabitants. And in this list of illustrious Rosquinenses, Ignacio Pussetto is the second most famous.

Each return of the kid of 22 years to visit family and friends alters the routine and monotony. They always give him some recognition in Juventud Unida, the club where he took his first steps before moving to Rafaela; he goes to the San Francisco de Asis Soccer School, which receives about 70 low-income kids and where he acts as a sponsor. If you are at home, they will ring the bell to greet you or ask for a photo. "In my life I imagined that something like this would happen to me," he admits, amused, to LA NACION.

A while ago that ended the training in Quemita, the property that has Huracán en Flores. The production of photos went on, which did not go unnoticed by his teammates. "They're driving me crazy," he says, as he reads the messages from the WhatsApp group. A few hours away from the classic against San Lorenzo, Pussetto is emerging as the most destabilizing card of the Parque Patricios club. After a period of adaptation, it exploded thanks to a change of position (he went from front to right) and was tempted by Benfica in the last market, which offered 4 million euros. Now, he dreams of being again the hero of the Ducó in the game that most fans want to win the Globe

-In the recess they lost Ábila and Romero Gamarra. Did the way of playing change anything?

-The system and the idea are the same. Having other players makes the game change a bit, but we try to do the same as in the first part of the season. We are on the right track, this is just beginning and we have a lot to give.

-Alfaro said that this position gives you more chances to make the leap in quality ...

- Yes, in clubs in Europe you are using the position of midfielder on the outside or end and that is why I have to learn. If I continue like this, things will come alone.

-Huracán rejected an offer from Benfica because he had already sold Romero Gamarra. How did that play in your head?

-I was pending, but I tried not to deviate from the target and Hurricane because I knew it would be difficult to leave in December. I did not want to leave either: I knew I had to keep adapting to the position and get experience. If I did things right in December and they arrived, the same thing will happen in June. Then you will see what happens.

Why Alfaro changed his position
When he took over in Hurricane, Gustavo Alfaro noticed that there were two players with a power of sale. One was Alejandro Romero Gamarra, who went to the MLS for 5 million dollars. The second was Pussetto. The DT saw ideal conditions for extreme play, spoke with him to see if he was willing and started to work. The results are visible. "With this change of position, it has more possibilities to make a leap in quality, it can still improve even more and it has enormous potential," he said. One of the cases where you see the hand of the DT.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Really don't think Pussetto is realistic.  That dude is their best player and we aren't beating Benfica.  We may be willing to spend more, but the player is never going to want to come here over Benfica. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,307 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Really don't think Pussetto is realistic.  That dude is their best player and we aren't beating Benfica.  We may be willing to spend more, but the player is never going to want to come here over Benfica. 

Historically, yeah... but Kaku tells him good things, and maybe being a star here vs. not so much of a star there... maybe.  

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,491 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I tried not to deviate from the target and Hurricane because I knew it would be difficult to leave in December. I did not want to leave either: I knew I had to keep adapting to the position and get experience. If I did things right in December and they arrived, the same thing will happen in June. Then you will see what happens.

Good attitude.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,109 posts

Benfica's offer is about half of what was our rumored offer $11m. 

"Metro..."

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,962 posts

Benfica's offer is about half of what was our rumored offer $11m. 

Yeah, but if Pussetto doesn't want to be here, it's not happening.  I'm hopeful, just don't think it's going to happen.  He's going to get a ton of interest.

I'm just quietly hoping for Bobby Wood because I think he'll fit well.   Then again, Rivas might reduce the need there so who knows.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,109 posts

Y not both? .gif

"Metro..."

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Yeah, but if Pussetto doesn't want to be here, it's not happening.  I'm hopeful, just don't think it's going to happen.  He's going to get a ton of interest.

Money talks. If someone's offering to pay double, you know which way the player will be steered by his club and agent. Whether amounts in the rumors are accurate is a whole different conversation, of course.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Money talks. If someone's offering to pay double, you know which way the player will be steered by his club and agent. Whether amounts in the rumors are accurate is a whole different conversation, of course.

Only if the same shady "pimpster" agents that were "representing" Kaku are involved. In an ideal world, MLS is looked upon as a bridge from Latin America to Europe, with "maybe" the difference that players fall in love with life "outside of soccer" in the States. That is what is the value prop to players like Vela and Giovinco. The obscurity you gain of being a high profile soccer player living in the US compared to their experience abroad and to their equivalent of a high profile college prospect for an NFL or NBA team.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Only if the same shady "pimpster" agents that were "representing" Kaku are involved. In an ideal world, MLS is looked upon as a bridge from Latin America to Europe, with "maybe" the difference that players fall in love with life "outside of soccer" in the States. That is what is the value prop to players like Vela and Giovinco. The obscurity you gain of being a high profile soccer player living in the US compared to their experience abroad and to their equivalent of a high profile college prospect for an NFL or NBA team.

If I had to guess whether a player's agent is greedy and cares about getting more money in the present over everything else, I would guess "yes" every time.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,489 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
For anyone that missed Dyer on the pregame show regarding Olusunde, Pussetto, and Quintero.
https://www.msgnetwo...t-in-with-team/
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users