285 replies to this topic

ilikebeet

ilikebeet

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:NYC Bars
Seriously, I've seen rapes more coordinated.

People complain that the whole south ward doesn't sing. It is impossible to do so if you in the periphery of the 101 or 102 as you have 2-3 competing capo wannabes/shitty drummers at differing downbeats and tempos.

In the stadium of 8k or whatever, we were all an embarrassing mess.

I'm gonna suggest a community southward metronome.

Also i feel like we are overdue for a crackdown on standing on chairs. We don't have yellow shirts because we are supposed to be self regulating.
I shall write my life as if it was a love story. For who is to say it is not? It began with a love of football, and it will end the same.
-Puskas

Stop slobbing Euro nob.
-Matrim55

Foz

Foz

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Supports:RBNY & USMNT
I posted about this in the game thread but I'll post here too. I was in 101 close to 133 and at times they were even singing totally different songs.

Thierry Henry, on secret to team's success: “Win games. And score more goals than the opponent.”

------------------------------

єяι¢ αℓєχαη∂єя = g.σ.α.т.

------------------------------

nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts
  • Supports:Metros, USMNT, NUFC, Rangers
2 seats were broken in 101 tonight. Jen and I gave the usher the broken seats that we found. I forgot which rows they were in.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

2 seats were broken in 101 tonight. Jen and I gave the usher the broken seats that we found. I forgot which rows they were in.

IIRC, one was seat 19, in the 3rd or 4th row in 101. Didn't see the second.
In any event, the usher made his report.
Come on, people! You're not helping us with the FO!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
I was in 101 near 133 and unfortunately,

EVERYTHING IN THIS THREAD IS TRUE.

:angry: :( :angry:
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT
Happens every game. Used to it already.
Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
I think you guys should always dutifully report a broken chair. The correct person is always punished and maybe the FO will give you a nice pat on the head. :)+

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
I only saw/heard of one broken chair in row 3 seat 19-21? Not sure the exact seat but it was behind where I was standing..

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

still kickin

still kickin

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Supports:NYRB USA

People complain that the whole south ward doesn't sing. It is impossible to do so if you in the periphery of the 101 or 102 as you have 2-3 competing capo wannabes/shitty drummers at differing downbeats and tempos.

Also i feel like we are overdue for a crackdown on standing on chairs. We don't have yellow shirts because we are supposed to be self regulating.

From 129 I would have to agree with you. Never understood why the groups couldnt be more coordinated. It probably means groups on the sides being forced to follow ESC choice of song etc. Other teams supporters sections dont seem to have this issue from what I can see.

Also, not sure why the megaphone made a return - granted, it was used in a better way than last year when everyone complained, but still sounds awful (both on TV and in person), and seems amateur.

No offense to all those who show passion in the supporters sections, but I agree, the coordination could be a lot better.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

The timing issue is not an easy one to address. When you have drummers in two different sections who can't see or hear each other it's very difficult to be on time. Sound doesn't move that fast so even if the drummers could hear each other, it would still be out of time. The other problem is the fact that the 3 groups do different songs. Quite honestly I don't see all of the groups learning everyone else's songs. I personally have no problem learning VA and GSS songs but I can only speak for myself. It's easy to say what's wrong, but much harder to do something about it. Anyone with SUGGESTIONS is more than welcome to speak up.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

aTrayne

aTrayne

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:...association football, tennis, skiing, indie music, culturejamming.
  • Supports:RBNY Metros, Celtic FC
drums just need to be banned from the sections. they do more harm than good.

if people are clapping in rhythm with the capo and/or sction leaders, which they all SHOULD be, then there is no need for a drummer.
RedBull gives you wings...and the wings given to the RBNY marketing/PR team were from a Dodo bird.

RedBull on our chests, Metro in our hearts

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The PA system is absolutely awful when used completely improperly.

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

The PA system is absolutely awful when used completely improperly.

I don't think there is a proper way, it just sucks all the time.
"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

chunas

chunas

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • Supports:RedBulls
Well i see it this way! there has to be one drumming section ( and please not just anybody) ! the chant leaders have to coordinate better and they have to agree wich song to sing they are the ring masters and they have to have people in the middle on the secction coordinating with the leaders ........ and then we see what secction sings louder ...... soooo if any capos are reading this work on it people .....
what just happen!

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
"And the "south ward" falls further behind other MLS groups because of ego's <_<

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users