125 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

No need to be dismissive just because you disagree with me. 

The internet has dragged almost every discussion down to bar fight level. Why should MF be any better?

In that spirit, eff you!!! 😁

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut

The internet has dragged almost every discussion down to bar fight level. Why should MF be any better?

In that spirit, eff you!!!

*smashes bottle and jabs with the jagged remains*

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

once you go to games and see what it's all about it becomes immediately clear that the name does not matter, but I can absolutely see how it would stop someone from getting far enough to discover that.

OTOH, many come once or twice and do not return, for a whole lot of other reasons. So, while half the battle is getting people in the door, the other half is getting them to come again, and become regulars.
I regularly receive surveys from RB, and complete them. I do not know why they even target me, an ST holder who rarely misses a home game. It seems like nothing can keep me away!
They somehow need to reach those who love soccer but do not come to RBA, those who came but did not return, and regulars or STs who no longer come.
We all have our own reasons why each group exists, but RB really needs to somehow speak directly with them. Lengthy surveys may not be that method.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts
Harrison population has increased by more than 2,000 since RBA opened.
What effort has RB made to welcome the newcomers, many occupying the new flats near the stadium?
https://www.nj.com/e...ng-towns-i.html
Hoboken & JC are also growing, a PATH ride away.
Even Newark.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Newcastle, Palermo

What effort has RB made to welcome the newcomers, many occupying the new flats near the stadium?
Even Newark.

As a long time resident of Hoboken up until a couple months ago, I thought the club did a good job of outreach there. Signage throughout town and in the PATH Terminal and PATH Trains, viewing parties at Pier A, viewing parties at Mulligan's, painting murals at the fields underneath the aqueduct and one of the parks at the southwest corner of the city, etc. I also saw countless players out and about town over the years (Dax, Muyl, Davis, Collin, Steele, Sam, etc.) - not that that's club outreach, but still cool if you're a fan. Now, I wish the same could be said about their efforts on the other side of the river. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

As a long time resident of Hoboken ... I thought the club did a good job of outreach there.

Glad to hear it. Wonder what the results were, in terms of tickets sold and STHs.

wish the same could be said about their efforts on the other side of the river. 

More expensive, no doubt.
Might not be worth the return.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Even Newark.

I have friends living in one of the close-by buildings (a block beyond the Five Guys) - they were given free tickets to a game when they moved in and then again the next calendar year. Tickets were provided from the building mgmt company, not sure what the relationship to the team is exactly.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

friends living ... close-by ... were given free tickets to a game when they moved in and ...again the next ... year.

Did they attend?
And ...

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Did they attend?
And ...

Not until I had them come with me to one of the NYC games, which they happily paid for and enjoyed. Hopefully they'll be joining again soon.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

Not until

I wonder if RB counted those freebie distributed but unused tickets in its attendance totals.

I had them come with me to one of the NYC games, which they happily paid for and enjoyed.

No comped or exchanged tickets for those matches!

Hopefully they'll be joining again soon.

Joining you? Or joining an SG?
Either way, we do not need one-and-done!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

Millions make miserable commutes to/from work every weekday. They are the people I feel sorry for.

Looks like NYC, JC & Newark top the list. No doubt just as bad for commuters in the neighboring smaller towns.
https://www.nj.com/e...study-says.html

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Looks like NYC, JC & Newark top the list. No doubt just as bad for commuters in the neighboring smaller towns.
https://www.nj.com/e...study-says.html

Not surprised at all. NJ Transit, PATH, and MTA are all varying degrees of awful. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

varying degrees of awful. 

Absolutely, completely, really, totally; but in what order?
Most and very are not.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Completely, totally, but in what order?
Very is not.

In my humble opinion, with worst being first, I'd rank them: 

1. NJ Transit

2. MTA

3. PATH

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

In my humble opinion ... 2. MTA

Any subdivisions for LIRR, Metro North, NYC subways?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users