How serious is the hamstring injury to Serge Ngoma?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

How serious is the hamstring injury to Serge Ngoma?  What are predictions for when he will return? From the small sample of his time on the 1st team he seems like a keeper like the  young John Tolkin. Wish for his speedy recovery.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

How serious is the hamstring injury to Serge Ngoma?  What are predictions for when he will return? From the small sample of his time on the 1st team he seems like a keeper like the  young John Tolkin. Wish for his speedy recovery.

he looked great!!!

they won't know until MRI. so depends if he stayed with team or came back. 

depends on severity grade 1 3 weeks grade 2 3-8 and grade 3 12 weeks and may include surgery.

based on the last one he was out ~2 months and then 1 month for fitness IIRC

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I talked to Ngoma at one of the NYRBII matches about his other hamstring injury. They said it was hard to find out the exact hamstring issue the first time but when they did, it seemed to be a quick recovery (2 weeks later he scored his first MLS goal). Hopefully they are able to identify the issue quick and get him back out there.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

I guess the only silver lining is that Barca won't get a chance to see him play and then sign him away from us ...

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

any updates on this?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

any updates on this?

Hamstrings are tricky; depends on the damage.

The video below talks about gio reyna's hamstring injuries. Interesting info if you want to learn about hamstring injuries

https://youtu.be/xvCJzjkr4qw

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

"Daniel Mac" on FB posted that he spoke with him at the RBII game and he said that it is a Grade 2 strain and that he'll be back in a couple more weeks.

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

"Daniel Mac" on FB posted that he spoke with him at the RBII game and he said that it is a Grade 2 strain and that he'll be back in a couple more weeks.

This is as good a news as we could probably get on him. All goes well, we can see him back last this month.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Come on Serge! We need our starting 16yo forward back!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Come on Serge! We need our starting 16yo forward back!

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Bjorn The Bear

Bjorn The Bear

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Supports:RBNY - Nets - USMNT

serge is the most exciting/talented young guy we have on this team. Out of everyone he's the last person I would want hurt. Really sucks. Especially after not signing anyone in the transfer window, he's the one guy I really wanted to see play.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Please get well soon
We could use his energy and quality out there

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

His injury looks like the turning point of the season right now.  Need him back!

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Last week Struber was saying he was far removed from coming back. Said they have to manage it carefully, Ngoma prone to injury, etc... Could be few more weeks, nothing imminent.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios
Any news? Watching Klimala act as a black hole and kill our offense week after week is exhausting.

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users