Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would it be bad if we get Cbus in the playoffs, since their owner allegedly wants them to move to Austin, TX by 2019? Wouldn't this attempt to relocate affect their playoff run due to all the uncertainty. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Cbus ... owner ... wants them to move to Austin, TX. 

http://www.dispatch....to-austin-texas

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ig101

ig101

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Cowlumbus South!!!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Sounds like nearly a done deal:

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts
Sounds like it close/very close to happening.
Their sheild rebrand was spot on.
Play pretty good.
Attendance not so much,

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham
I feel sympathy for their fans. Feel annoyed by people rushing to say things like "hurr durr it's a business" or talking about Columbus's TV market without acknowledging that it sucks for a lot of people... and it could happen to you.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Such a fucking awful thing to do, really wish the people who cared about stuff got to run it. Really really awful reality of MLS.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Could we be next? Similar situation...shit attendance, shit TV ratings, poor stadium location.

Yes the stadium is new but how many years of empty seats will we go through?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Could we be next? Similar situation...shit attendance, shit TV ratings, poor stadium location.

Yes because if you own a soccer team with one of the nicest stadiums in the country located 18 minutes from downtown Manhattan the smart thing is to move the team to Oklahoma. Everyone knows that.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

Our attendance is NOT that bad compared to many teams in the league and we're competitive and not spending a lot of money. We probably legitimately average 16-17k, and the only teams probably doing better than that are SKC, Seattle, Portland, Atlanta, Toronto and that's about it. We're not going anywhere, someone would swoop in and love to play at RBA if something ever did happen.

Go watch a Columbus game. It's freaking depressing. Less than 10k people there, no atmosphere. It's absolutely pathetic. Why they want to move to Austin is beyond me. Houston and FCD draw flies. 

In fact, we're 8th according to this. https://soccerstadiu...mls-attendance/

We pad numbers probably, but this is probably still around accurate. I'm sure other teams pad their numbers too anyways. FCD is dead last and Houston not far from it, both teams competitive this year too.

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Feeling for the fans in CBUS. But their stadium is built like an errector set. They need mass renovations or a downtown stadium. However renovations and a new stadium is a short term fix. They see cinncinati in the 2nd division as a massive threat. They made a terrible cable tv deal with time warner cable sports. They see Austin as the fastest growing city in the country with no pro sports franchises. Similar to what Columbus was in 1996 when they were the fastest growing city in Ohio and now they are the largest city in Ohio. For the crew fans being an original 10 club and this possibly happening to them is crazy. Also will USMNT games be hosted in that stadium if no MLS teams are present. These are all key issues with the potential move. As said earlier in this post, this can happen to any fan base and I wouldnt wish it on anybody. Even the Scum or Hartford City.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
I want a banner at our game vs them next year that reads "Precourt the only reason you are here is because the coat hanger missed!".
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I actually thought the attendance for the ATL game was pretty good. Sure, there were some empty seats, but the stadium looked at least 2/3 full. It aint all gloom and doom.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

RB does sell more tickets than people use.

Sucks for Columbus fans.  The reality is any team there is going to be second to college football, which isn't great for a pro sports team.

Chic Charnley

Chic Charnley

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts
  • Interests:football, soccer, futball....etc
  • Supports:NYRB & PTFC

I remember another venture capitalist called Jason Adler sniffing around NYRB a couple of years back. Team would of ended up in Las Vegas.

But hey, thats MLS for you. Money always wins. Not fans, not communities, not history, not soccer specific stadiums, not even MLS rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users