JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

What is a reasonable goal for this season

Team makes it to every game on time?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

What is a reasonable goal for this season?

Not forgetting or putting equipment on wrong bus?

LONG LIVE METRO

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

In the RBA era - every single year, a reasonable goal was to win MLS Cup.

Until now. What is a reasonable goal for this season? Making the playoffs? I'm not sure that would be reasonable. That would probably be an over-achievement for this roster.

Goals are meant to be aspirational. I figure a reasonable goal is to qualify for the playoffs and have a decent USOC run.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Only team having a worse offseason than us is Cincinnati. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
·
6m Hearing, per source, that #RBNY is closing in on a contract extension with Cristian Cásseres, Jr.. Hard-working midfielder had 23 appearances (21 starts) in #MLS play & was a regular for the club. Seems like the organization sees him as part of the club's core.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

·
6m Hearing, per source, that #RBNY is closing in on a contract extension with Cristian Cásseres, Jr.. Hard-working midfielder had 23 appearances (21 starts) in #MLS play & was a regular for the club. Seems like the organization sees him as part of the club's core.

Oh wow this is just like a new signing!  :)+

In all seriousness, this is a good move. I like CCJ and hope to see big things from him this year, dominate the midfield like Tyler Adams did.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Great news, keeps him around for at least a bit longer and helps ensure that we get a transfer fee if he's destined for greater things.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

I'm honestly in disbelief about this offseason. The team repeatedly said that we knew we needed to get better, we had the cap room, we had the green light from ownership to spend, that that we would.

And then we didn't....

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

I am sure, most of you, if not everyone, has received the We Want to Hear From You survey from RedBulls. I hope everyone provided feedback into the lack of effort the Ownership has had this offseason and quiet frankly, the past Years since Henry retired. One of the very first questions asked was whether you think RedBulls care for their fans (something to that extent). I answered No. Between that one question and the open ended one, I gave candid feedback. It is the least we can do to show our displeasure.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

The team repeatedly said ... then we didn't....

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=zOXtWxhlsUg

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Casseres gets a new contract...

https://www.newyorkr...ew-mls-contract

The New York Red Bulls have signed Venezuelan midfielder Cristian Cásseres Jr. to a new multi-year MLS contract, the club announced today. Cásseres Jr. is set to begin his third season in New York after being named the Red Bulls Defensive Player of the Year in 2019.

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Best signing of the year!

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It's (almost) like getting a new player...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Thank you - whoever wrote the "There is No Offseason" article on the main page. It's a shame that the only people who will see it are the die-hards who visit this site. It's amazing how (aside from a 20 second rant by Twellman in a podcast) not one person from MLS or Red Bulls media has called out the team for this offseason. Mind boggling. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

When he said "there is no offseason," he meant it literally, i.e. we will do nothing all offseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users