163 replies to this topic

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

The RBO position, as I understand it, is more nuanced than you are arguing here.

The team's results in 2013 showed that Red Bull cannot obtain the brand exposure from this team regardless of the team's success or having expensive, talented, celebrity footballers on the roster.

The cutbacks in spending on the team have made it perfectly clear that results do not drive Red Bull's thinking. They'll get the same exposure whether the team is poor or whether it wins a Supporters Shield.

So to that extent, it doesn't matter whether or not the team does well - Red Bull's criteria for success has little to do with team performance. It really doesn't matter if we refuse to leave and hope the team wins, or if we refuse to leave and we hope the team loses.

From my perspective, I prefer to see the team win and STILL have as many supporters as possible shit all over Red Bull, so they will understand that it's hopeless: we will NEVER accept them, and since (like basically every sports owner) they will eventually sell the team, they might as well say, "yeah, fuck it," and sell NOW.

But in the meantime, even if you accept the notion that winning puts more eyes on the team, what better way to fuck with the brand by publicly condemning it on national TV every week. Can't get that message across at a Cosmos game.

I think it's hard to judge how RB would treat a "successful" year by the Supporters Shield victory. If and until RBNY is crowned MLS Cup victor, I think we have insufficient data.

The Rangers are on a solid pace to win the Presidents Trophy, but if they don't win the Cup the year is essentially a failure.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

Well, if there is no relationship between previous results and winning an MLS Cup, then what they've done makes sense. But really, we all know that's not true. By saying "we don't know yet" because we haven't won an MLS Cup ignores the fact that they've stumbled with no apparent plan in mind for the past ten years, even though there have been results that trend in one direction or another.

It's like a tramp in a gutter who says "judge the success of my life on whether I win election to the Presidency of the United States!". I mean, sure, you might be able to do that, in which case we could say he's shown a great deal of success, but I'm not betting on him.

╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We could win the cup this year and I'd still say 'Fuck Red Bull.'

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

So when is the war going to happen, at this point after what, four years or more, it seems painfully obvious that co-existence is out of the question. 

GSS can be dealt with pretty easy and they are alone so will need to ally with someone...so they will go with VA if it comes to it. Still their track record is such that a perm ban or relocation would be not difficult.

VA, they need to pay for their actions Sunday (and other things), to me that is the last straw. There need to be a good old fashion supporter brawl with them for control of the section. That is how this shit gets settled overseas. Winner gets the section and loser disbands or relocates. Besides you can't tell me there aren't some dudes over there you want to punch in the face. lol

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Henry_Krinkle

Henry_Krinkle

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Supports:NYRB,Arsenal

So when is the war going to happen, at this point after what, four years or more, it seems painfully obvious that co-existence is out of the question. 

GSS can be dealt with pretty easy and they are alone so will need to ally with someone...so they will go with VA if it comes to it. Still their track record is such that a perm ban or relocation would be not difficult.

VA, they need to pay for their actions Sunday (and other things), to me that is the last straw. There need to be a good old fashion supporter brawl with them for control of the section. That is how this shit gets settled overseas. Winner gets the section and loser disbands or relocates. Besides you can't tell me there aren't some dudes over there you want to punch in the face. lol

This reads like an FBI sting operation into a 'family'.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

There need to be a good old fashion supporter brawl with them for control of the section.

you can't tell me there aren't some dudes over there you want to punch in the face. lol

So you're being facetious here right?

Otherwise, you must be 16 years old. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
At this point I can't say I wouldn't be happy if the mayor of Harrison pulled a Frank Rizzo/Philly PD and dropped a bomb on 102.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

metros11

metros11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,904 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Anyone else notice how much face time VA is getting?  MLS Now South Ward video with Rachel Bonnetta was all VA, the recent director's cut RBNY put out only showed VA...  That should teach you protesting ESC and GSU folks a lesson.

"What better way for DC United fans to drown their sorrows than with this new beer called 'The Tradition'.  A relic name of a bygone era where DCU was relevant." - VfLKirwan

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

I still don't get what people see in that Bonnetta person, she seems ultra annoying.

C.O.Jones

C.O.Jones

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Supports:CF Cadiz

FWIW;  Last game I overheard one photographer say to another photographer-as they walked by me (they were wearing MLS vests) that they were not to take photos of section 133.

ALso I noticed they only had field level mics in front of 102 at the start of the game.  Someone set one up between 101-133 at the start of the second half.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

I still don't get what people see in that Bonnetta person, she seems ultra annoying.

shes hot.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,783 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Anyone else notice how much face time VA is getting?  MLS Now South Ward video with Rachel Bonnetta was all VA, the recent director's cut RBNY put out only showed VA...  That should teach you protesting ESC and GSU folks a lesson.

And, as usual they sucked up and kissed RB's ass and tooted their own horn.  There is legit one or even 2 people I know who are prominent VA members that aren't into themselves and wants what's best for the SW. Other than that they can all go fuck themselves as far as i'm concerned. Bunch of frat-douche wannabes. I'm all in for drinking and having fun (i'm like a year removed from graduating college) but they're absolute tools

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

I suggest a supporters summit held at RBA with MdG as moderator. 

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

shes hot.

She definitely is attractive, but i think you could find 1000's of attractive women in the industry willing to do that job, her enthusiasm just seems so forced and over the top. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users