#1 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, USMNT, Cruz Azul, USC

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

as i was just prepping to do some really good night fishing for crayfish and catfish, thought i would see if anyone out there is into this 'beer' sport.

#2 gala_usa

gala_usa

Noob fo' lyfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Supports:Los Angeles, USA, Bud Light

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

as i was just prepping to do some really good night fisting

FYP

JAJAJAJAJAJAJA
Lakers (16x Champs) Dodgers (6x Champs) Galaxy (4x Champs) Broncos (2x Champs) LA Kings (2012 Stanley Cup Champs)
USMNT (One day, one day...)
Budlight (Weekend Champ)

It doesn't matter how simplistic you make your point, there will be someone who misunderstands you.

#3 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

FYP

i won't even touch what you wrote . . . . hahaha

#4 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

I flyfish. I like to eat catfish, though.

#5 CCW

CCW

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, G's, Watford

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:30 AM

I flyfish. I like to eat catfish, though.

Your a fellow Floridian so I hope you would. After reading this post all I want to do is go back to FL and fish in my back yard or on the flats.

#6 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:20 PM

i can relate as so major canals (all-american, west main, etc) pass within about a 1/4 mile of my house in calexico. and calling them canals doesn't do them justice, as they are about 50 - 60 feet wide and 15 - 20 feet deep. damn it is fun, coolers filled with ice cold beer, couple of buddies and a night of just kicking back getting drunk.

good thing about the canals is you can catch strippers, large mouth, small mouth, thalipia (sp?), panfish and catfish . . . in addition to crawfish.

i will be hitting it up again tomorrow, i can hardly wait.

#7 Shooter

Shooter

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04
  • Supports:Ebbsfleet United

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:10 AM

i can relate as so major canals (all-american, west main, etc) pass within about a 1/4 mile of my house in calexico. and calling them canals doesn't do them justice, as they are about 50 - 60 feet wide and 15 - 20 feet deep. damn it is fun, coolers filled with ice cold beer, couple of buddies and a night of just kicking back getting drunk.

good thing about the canals is you can catch strippers, large mouth, small mouth, thalipia (sp?), panfish and catfish . . . in addition to crawfish.

i will be hitting it up again tomorrow, i can hardly wait.

I don't care what we fish for. Count me in. Seriously, strippers notwithstanding...

#8 LFC1892

LFC1892

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Supports:G's, 'Pool, Hoops, Bayern, Fleet

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

http://www.newsobser...ry/1187137.html

#9 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts
  • Interests:LAGalaxy, Ebbsfleet United, Harchester United, West Ham United, Schalke 04

Posted 23 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

That's hot !

Perhaps we start at a trout farm ?

#10 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:48 PM

September 13 out of Channel Islands Harbor. We are booking a "six pack" on the Rumblefish. ETD will be early as in 6am. Again, its a six pack...thus six people. The rate is about $200 a piece, all in. Plan to finish the day at the Lookout, 5:00pm. Galaxy v K.City.

Let me know your interest, post haste.

The old man and the sea ~

#11 Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,942 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

1) Shooter
2) LFC1892
next

limit is six. You can crash here the night before. We leave at 4:30am. Money changes hands this Tuesday.

We'll run this one as a test. A 24 person boat is not out of the question. Rate drops, at that point. I'm guessing we'll be running for halibut, sea bass and rockfish. We'll probably fill our tills with bonito...fuck. Anyway...the gauntlet is down...

#12 romero03

romero03

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts
  • Supports:USMNT

Posted 24 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

wish i could go but i'll be outta town.

count me in for next time
Twitter

Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders, Galaxy, LA Kings, ASU, Notre Dame(football)

#13 The Snow Beast

The Snow Beast

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

September 13 out of Channel Islands Harbor. We are booking a "six pack" on the Rumblefish. ETD will be early as in 6am. Again, its a six pack...thus six people. The rate is about $200 a piece, all in. Plan to finish the day at the Lookout, 5:00pm. Galaxy v K.City.

Let me know your interest, post haste.

The old man and the sea ~

Man, I would be down for this, but living out of state and waiting to start a new job doesn't make it possible.

#14 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

wish i could go but i'll be outta town.

count me in for next time

Ditto.

Except next for me probably isn't going to be until next Spring.

#15 dhines

dhines

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

grrr . . . . damn i want to go, but due to the recent birth of my son i dont see how 'the boss' (meaning my wife) will let me.

couple of questions though:

1) baits, poles and licenses included with the price?
2) what kind of setups do you use?
3) baits?

btw, that was a killer story about the girl and the barbie pole. my daughter caught a lunker lake trout on that same pole (in the mountains outside lake tahoe), and the damn thing ran off with it. I have a picture of it somewhere, but i can't locate it . . .

happily, my daughter caught her first catfish last weekend (in the canals down south). funny part is, i don't know when she was having more fun, the catching of the fish or the gutting of it

:lol:

does anyone do surf fishing? i just bought a 12' setup and i am looking to do some damage. the only thing that sucks about surf fishing is the issue with drinking beer on public beaches. I never have issues putting a few beers down at paradise cove, but i have no clue if i can surf fish there.

shooter --

i had to laugh at my typo, and yes there are strippers and stripers down there. afterall, my pad is only a $4 cab ride from the mexican border

hahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users