• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

What I liked about Ndam is how much bigger he looked.  When he first got here he was extremely lanky but now he's really filled out.  Definitely turning into a man.  Dude has always had tremendous upside because of the physical traits.  Just has to lock down his positioning more often and that's still the case when he plays with the 2's as well.  

Loved how aggressive he was playing when challenging for the ball on those initial outlet passes.  That's such a must to shut down plays/possession before it starts. 

Not worth bringing him up yet full time though.  He's never going to get regular minutes this season so it's important that he keeps playing with the 2's.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Collin is the right guy for the bench. However, when Marsch (or Armas) plans to give Parker or Long a breather, either in or around Open Cup matches, Ndam should get nod to start.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,945 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We still have Escobar at centerback as well, but it's nice to know there are options during this World Cup window when we are short handed. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,280 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Shame that we're pretty deep with CBs, but low on outside backs. kinda the inverse of last season. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Shame that we're pretty deep with CBs, but low on outside backs. kinda the inverse of last season. 

Shame that Amdrew Lombard, from our academy and on USL team, hasn't been able to stay healthy. He looked good with the US U20s a few years ago, but now it seems like he would be out for 6 months if he got a splinter.

Kevin O'Toole is almost a given for a HGP spot after college and could likely start with the MLS team his rookie year. Looked great with the USL team before his academy eligibility ran out. Now dominating with the U23s. Started most of the games for Princeton as a freshman too.

Jury is still out on Lucas Stauffer and Nico de Vera. de Vera has an outside chance of moving up to the first team in due time. Not sure of Stauffer, even though he was a standout in college.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users