• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,662 posts

I say Robben because his skill set fits perfectly with what we need. Obviously his age is not ideal. What I am really getting at is the need for a bona fide right winger. We have a boatload of central mids and others who can play both sides, but all have a left side bias (Royer, Kaku, Etienne, Rivas). 

We will need to groom a BWP replacement, but what we could greatly use now is a true Right Winger, someone to complement our other mids and provide great balance.. Is that player on our roster now or do we have to bring someone in? Obviouly Muyl has been used there for his work rate, but his 1v1 skills, finishing and crossing have not been up to snuff, which is too bad because he gets himself in excellent positions and is perfect for the high press.

Ideally we would get a RW and a BWP understudy, but for me if I could only add one this year it would be at RW now and then find a DP level striker in the off-season unless Mines or someone else steps up to the challenge.

Kind of ironic in a away because for years finding adequate left wingers was always a challenge (and we stupidly traded away Brad Davis after one year when he could have provided great service for a decade) and now we are overloaded with them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users