Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,975 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

was it him? the rumor was from 2017 or so. maybe a lil earlier than that? Was definitely when Marsch was here though, I think Curtis might've still been here as well. 

Edited to add: If BWP does come back, coupled with Kaku and Royer, and this new guy. Might be a good unit to trot out there in the biggest of matches down the road.

we would have a slight issue in that on the wings, we would still have

Muyl

Ivan

Omir

Etienne

Epps

injured/currently out:

Valot 

Mines 

might be some tough decisions ahead. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,970 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I've had my eye on this kid for a while, as many of you probably have.  The question is, can he play backup CB or LB?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

was it him? the rumor was from 2017 or so. maybe a lil earlier than that? Was definitely when Marsch was here though, I think Curtis might've still been here as well. 

You're thinking of this guy: https://www.onceamet...oeiesti-romania

I'll never forget him because he wore a scrum cap.

There was a minor thing with Mitrita, but I think him being linked with us was less actual rumor and more "foreign media outlet saying 'New York,' leaving it to interpretation whether it's City or us."

SoapyDish

SoapyDish

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Arsenal

Muyl

Ivan

Omir

Etienne

Epps

injured/currently out:

Valot 

Mines 

Ivan and Valot probably move on, Etienne, Mines and Muyl most likely stay, Epps is probably traded to USL, and Omir will probably wind up over seas before too long, but will probably be around for at least a few years. Leaves us with five quality wingers in Royer/Tanase/Eitenne/Muyl/Omir. Mines probably stays being a RB2 swing player for a while.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

I like Ivan.  The money he gets paid is the only reason i'd get rid of him but I think he belongs in the 4 player rotation at those outside positions.  Epps doesn't fit at all in my opinion.  He has some pause to his style and that just doesn't work in this system.  Veron was the same way and it took him forever to figure out that piece.

Etienne I'd ditch as well.   Still optimistic about Mines.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,975 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I like Ivan.  The money he gets paid is the only reason i'd get rid of him but I think he belongs in the 4 player rotation at those outside positions.  Epps doesn't fit at all in my opinion.  He has some pause to his style and that just doesn't work in this system.  Veron was the same way and it took him forever to figure out that piece.

Etienne I'd ditch as well.   Still optimistic about Mines.

i've seen Mines on ESPN+ with the reserves, but I see him getting rocked physically every so often. is that why he is sometimes injured or is a soft tissue injury, which requires a lot of time off? 

i'd keep Etienne, but obviously, i'm biased.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,242 posts

i've seen Mines on ESPN+ with the reserves, but I see him getting rocked physically every so often. is that why he is sometimes injured or is a soft tissue injury, which requires a lot of time off? 

i'd keep Etienne, but obviously, i'm biased.

Very true about Mines.  Wouldn't hate keeping DE because there's definitely something there.  Just lean towards it not fully working with him.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Signing this guy would be better than nothing, but I'd prefer if this kind of money was spent on a 'name' player and not another potential project.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Anyone who prefers Mines over Etienne is crazy.

When Mines isn't injured, he's still not a starter on the USL team. The guy needs steroids for a year, take the however many game ban, and maybe he pans out. Until then he gets muscled off almost every ball at the USL level, nevermind MLS.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Signing this guy would be better than nothing, but I'd prefer if this kind of money was spent on a 'name' player and not another potential project.

This wouldn't be a project. He's 24, not 18.

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

When Mines isn't injured, he's still not a starter on the USL team. The guy needs steroids for a year, take the however many game ban, and maybe he pans out. Until then he gets muscled off almost every ball at the USL level, nevermind MLS.

totally agree

Tymatt

Tymatt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls/MetroStars
This is exactly the signing we need, this team has had 10 top quality starters but one is always missing in the attack, whether this guy slots out to the wing or kaku does, it doesn’t matter he will only bolster our attack. This guy looks like the type of player in a full season that could put up a 10+ goals 10+ assists. Yes we need to reinforce the reserves in our backline and we might need a 6 as well but if this guy is paid off the books as a dp I’m going to be super excited for what’s to come.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Nevermind the guy who created the scoring opportunity for Mines' first goal. Still crazy to me that Mines scoring on that play was the only big takeaway, not how it was created (DE central playmaking with a clever move, Kaku wide making the final pass).

DE stays being underrated by fans and Armas alike, it's messing up his development. Hope this new guy can press like mad, as it seems to be the most important thing for an attacker in this system.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,411 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Strange that we see Romania of all places as some hot bed for players. But hey I'll take anything we can get. I'd be interested to see Kaku in a wing position? Would he drift inside or would be willing to stick out wide get crosses in and use his 1v1 ability. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Edited to add: If BWP does come back, coupled with Kaku and Royer, and this new guy. Might be a good unit to trot out there in the biggest of matches down the road.

Muyl

Ivan

Omir

Etienne

Epps

injured/currently out:

Valot 

Mines 

might be some tough decisions ahead. 

trade one of them (not Omir) for a defender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users