107 replies to this topic

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

Every time he is in a game he either has brain fart or some other disaster happens. His play reminds me of the disaster we had with Barcelona 2 player we had a couple of seasons ago. I would rather call up someone from the NYRB2 over him. I really want to Nealis to not play in any future games. Trade or cut him ASAP. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Every time he is in a game he either has brain fart or some other disaster happens. His play reminds me of the disaster we had with Barcelona 2 player we had a couple of seasons ago. I would rather call up someone from the NYRB2 over him. I really want to Nealis to not play in any future games. Trade or cut him ASAP. 

typical penguin overreaction.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

I cant think of the Barcelona 2 player. Gideon Baah?

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Armando with the nice hair?

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Nealis is still raw, but has played decent for a first year pro. Wont argue his brainfarts but he is our best option currently.
Preston Kilwien or Jordan Scarlett are your only CBs from NYRBII. Kilwien is a rookie as well and not physical enough yet for MLS. Scarlett has an amazing soccer brain, but his 1v1 defending doesnt give him a nod over Nealis. Roy Boateng is still recovering from an injury in preseason/MLS Combine. Academy player, Chris Tiao is the current backup at CB for the USL team.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Trade or cut him ASAP. 

That kind of philosophy with rookies/young players is a great way to put you on a fast track to becoming a horrible, unsuccessful organization. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

philosophy worked well when Miazga and Long were making mistakes................

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Having both Nealis and Duncan in the back line at the same time is a really bad recipe. Huge amounts of space were given uncontested to the Fire in the last game.

I really hope we can get Taxi and Murillo back fast.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Murillo is back but who knows if they will rest him.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,975 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Murillo should be ready to go. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,347 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Murillo is back.

If he plays, I hope he does not concede a PK!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i can see murillo as a 2nd half sub for Lade.  We really need him to be 100% ready for the ATL game on Sunday.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,975 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Note to Armas:

Don't let any of the English players take PKs. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Baah just won some strange reality tv show to get a trial with Chelsea.

philosophy worked well when Miazga and Long were making mistakes................

Yeah, people like to forget that Miazga had some brutal mistakes: https://youtu.be/WUFpQgGzgUo?t=101

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This is maybe an unpopular opinion, but does anyone else think that the play of Tarek has arguably been the most valuable asset this season?  He's obviously not our best player or even best defender, but I don't know where we'd be with Nealis getting all of his minutes, and god knows who taking Nealis's spot.

Feel like Tarek has single-handedly won us a handful of points this season.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users