116 replies to this topic

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

They keep sending me a thing for a meet and greet at RBA where I can discuss buying season tickets. I already told them I'd be happy to renew my tickets if they got rid of the Red Bull PSL/"Membership" scheme. They are desperate.

Paul, don't know if you are a member of a supporters club but I remember being told supporters club members wouldn't have to pay for a "membership". Did that change, or is that only for full season?

I renewed and I still get that email. Doesn't mean shit.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Paul, don't know if you are a member of a supporters club but I remember being told supporters club members wouldn't have to pay for a "membership". Did that change, or is that only for full season?

I'm not in a Supporters' club, so it's a moot point for me.

It's not really the $25 bucks that bothers me, like I said before with the credit they put on the card it works out to $1.50 per game, which I can handle. I just don't like being forced to buy the card if I want the partial plan. Someone else called it a PSL, and that's what it is, another way to force you to spend money. I'd rather they just jacked up the price of the plan $25, it seems more honest. Although I am looking forward to seeing if the "Members only" concession lines save me time.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I renewed and I still get that email. Doesn't mean shit.

Even if it is a mass email to everyone, it indicates that they are having trouble selling season tickets and that they are desperate.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT
When tickets are in high demand, the seller has the leverage and can impose conditions which the buyer may not like. With low demand for tickets, the buyer has more leverage and the seller may have to make accomodations to the buyer.

I only hope that these changes in the partial plan, which favor RBNY over the fan, reflect higher demand for tickets, and that RBA is more crowded this year than it has been the last two years.

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
Supply vs. Demand.......vs. Give a way

True story. Went to a game with a friend last year and forgot my season ticket cards. When I got to the stadium I was approaching the window to try and get things rectified. A lady grabbed my arm and asked if I had bough tickets yet. She had a fist full of tickets and said that her and her husband get 30 free tickets every game because they are involved in Youth Soccer. No one on the youth team ever wants them and she feels bad but has to throw them away every game. She then went on to stuff 2 tickets in my had and hoped I'd enjoy the game.

Go get 'em Heck!!!!!!!!!!!

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Joe x Joe

Joe x Joe

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Even if it is a mass email to everyone, it indicates that they are having trouble selling season tickets and that they are desperate.

By advertising that partial plans are for sale is desperation?

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro

So, the team will average 17K instead of 18K per game this season?

Truth is the All Star Game helped some tickets last year... they don't have that horse this season.

As I've said before, the product on the field will go a long way in growing the weekly sales. That and the general interest in soccer across the country.

Compare RBNY's #s to other non-entrenched sports (e.g. not in Manhattan and not football) would be curious to see how it worked out.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

That's one perspective.

Another is "Hey, we have a user base and a list of emails. Emails are free. Let's email and see if they'll up their plans/buy more."

It doesn't cost them anything and the potential to get more tickets sold is there.

Considering how often we all slag on them for not getting people in the seats, to then turn around and slag on them as "desperate" for using an obvious path to ticket sales is beyond silly.

If they aren't selling as much, so what... they're still trying.
If they are selling just as much, so what.. they're still trying.

Either way.. they're trying to sell tickets. Attempting to sell more to a market that has previously bought, regardless of your current numbers, is just obvious.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

By advertising that partial plans are for sale is desperation?

No, the advertising a "Come to RBA meet and greet so we can try and convince you to renew your season tickets" event sounds like desperation.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

No, the advertising a "Come to RBA meet and greet so we can try and convince you to renew your season tickets" event sounds like desperation.

No.. it sounds like.. you know.. a _sales_ pitch.

Which it is. And it should be. And they should keep doing.

This and anything else they can think of, until every single seat is sold every single game.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

That's one perspective.

Another is "Hey, we have a user base and a list of emails. Emails are free. Let's email and see if they'll up their plans/buy more."

Agreed. Like to see that the Sales folks are selling.

BTW, believe it or not the e-mails aren't for free. Funny, right?

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

Agreed. Like to see that the Sales folks are selling.

BTW, believe it or not the e-mails aren't for free. Funny, right?

Given the cost per analysis for my company, we need X products purchased to offset the employee/electric/server fees for the email to be sent.

X compared to the whole of sales Y is so low as to be considered basically free.

YMMV

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

No.. it sounds like.. you know.. a _sales_ pitch.

Which it is. And it should be. And they should keep doing.

This and anything else they can think of, until every single seat is sold every single game.

If you want to look at it as a sales pitch I guess you can. But to me it seems to me that the reason they are doing this is because they have an excess inventory (IE: Tickets aren't selling).
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Footie17

Footie17

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Portugal, Donuts
I went to the event on Saturday. It was a pretty solid time. After you sign-in, a sales guy from the Legends Marketing group takes you into the Pub to sit down and discuss options and price points. The gentlemen I dealt with was named David. He was extremely helpful and really patient with me during the whole process (which obviously he should be since I'm buying ticket, but it was still appreciated).

From there, you go into the stadium and get to sit in the seats to get an idea how the view will be. Interesting note about the seat selection, they don't offer all the seats for each plan (meaning if you want a 5-game plan, certain seats are reserved only for 10-game plans or season tickets). I thought it was very beneficial to be able to sit in the seats and determine whether I liked the view. The 3d seat viewer is useful, but it has its limitations. Nothing beats the ability to actually sit in the seats and decide whether they will work for you. After I picked my seats for a 5-game plan, we walked into the club and sat down with someone who I imagine was a direct member of the RBNY sales staff. They ran my credit card, printed my receipt, and I was done. Very quick process. No up-sell, no pushing of 10-game seats or season tickets. Also, one thing I noticed that was different from the first year at RBA, there were no added "processing fees". $19 per seat, two 5-game plans, $190 flat. All weekend games, with only one I believe having an afternoon start (2:30PM, IIRC) The added benefit of coming to the event was they waived the fee for the membership card. Great deal.

After the paperwork was completed, they brought me downstairs to see the locker room and the away locker room. I must say, they really need to do something more with that locker room and the "players lounge". It's terribly drab, and based upon the pictures of SKC's home locker-room, the RBNY home locker room is minor league. I also got to see that away team locker rooms, my God. They are worse then some high school locker rooms I've seen. I get you don't want your opponent to feel at home, but this was crazy (at least for my expectations). Also, the word is the sod should be laid down by the end of the month from what I've heard. So about a good month to set before the home opener.

The conclusion? I enjoyed this past Saturday's event, and I cannot wait for the home opener and the season to come!

adiamas

adiamas

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts

If you want to look at it as a sales pitch I guess you can. But to me it seems to me that the reason they are doing this is because they have an excess inventory (IE: Tickets aren't selling).

They don't fill the seats, you get annoyed they aren't doing enough.

They push to sell the tickets, you cry desperation.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users