• This topic is locked This topic is locked
819 replies to this topic

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

I honestly don't know who deserves to come out of the lineup.  You can sign any of these guys, but then someone's getting benched.

Perhaps Johansson would replace BWP but I'm sure there'll be plenty of people around here freaking out like they were when Dax was traded.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

why is carbonero w/o a contract while being in his 20s? what's he like chemistry/locker room -wise?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Supposedly we're getting a CB. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

DP3

DP3

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Fulham

Supposedly we're getting a CB. 

Wow, Rainbow FC is going to really struggle to keep clean sheets this season.

jerzyiroc

jerzyiroc

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

\

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,966 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
Jason Hernandez signed with TFC for anyone who was thinking he'd be a good fit.

Back to the Final Four MetroStars in MLS.
Howard, Bradley and Clark are the others.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Tim ream playing terribly today vs Panama. I remember seeing his name thrown around earlier this thread...I definitely would not use a DP slot on him.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,232 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Tim ream playing terribly today vs Panama. I remember seeing his name thrown around earlier this thread...I definitely would not use a DP slot on him.

KFg8HDvs.jpg

The only reason why ream comes up as a target. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The only reason why ream comes up as a target. 

Eh... everybody has a garbage game from time to time.  I'd not sure he'd be worth a DP slot, but any consistently starting Championship CB could probably come in as a top 10 CB in MLS.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Ream was absolute trash that entire game... 

Wasn't even the biggest fan of him when he was here and don't think his strengths suit MLS. Would absolutely not use a DP spot on him.

On that note, Pulisic is an absolute stud... He has everything.  US Soccer has needed a true top level (offensive) player forever and he's it.  He's better than Landon as well.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Last night Tim Ream had a bad first half.  His second half was actually quite good and he shut down a number of dangerous attacks.  Also consider this:

1.  Zusi is a 3rd/4th choice right back for the US.

2.  That backline NEVER plays together.

3.  The entire defense was ignored for 4 years under Klinsmann.

4.  The Jones/Bradley pairing never EVER works in midfield and all game long they were letting Panama run at the defense.

So all things considered I think Ream did an okay job.  And fringe national team players are EXACTLY who you want to build your roster around.  Put him in a defensive 4 with Yedlin and Brooks for an extended period of time and take Jones the hell out of there and I'm sure he would do well.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Zusi stunk as well but Ream was trash. And trash in the 2nd half as well.  Some people have posted that clip of Ream flying back to deflect the shot, but that entire play started with Ream screwing up and taking an angle that NOBODY should ever take as a defender.  

Ream was horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  For the entire game outside of a nice pass he made later in the 2nd half.

Agree that Jones didn't bring much.  He looks noticably slower to be honest. Last year he didn't look like this but his mobility has definitely fallen off.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Ream was horrible.  Absolutely horrible.  For the entire game outside of a nice pass he made later in the 2nd half.

I respectfully disagree and believe he's one of the main reasons we stole a point.  Zusi was "horrible".  The midfield pairing was "horrible".  Altidore and Clint (aside from his tap-in) were completely ineffective.

Road qualifiers are very difficult.  Even with a full strength lineup it was going to be very difficult to get a result.  Was he great?  No.  Was he good?  No.  But he did enough and given all the circumstances surrounding the game I think that's all you can ask for.  He's not a starter for that team, but I'd much rather have him then any of our CB's right now.

Edit:  He also played on very little sleep ;)  https://www.youtube....h?v=lWt3CbIdBXU

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Zusi stunk as well but Ream was trash. And trash in the 2nd half as well.  Some people have posted that clip of Ream flying back to deflect the shot, but that entire play started with Ream screwing up and taking an angle that NOBODY should ever take as a defender.  

Agree that Jones didn't bring much.  He looks noticably slower to be honest. Last year he didn't look like this but his mobility has definitely fallen off.

Eh, Ream wasn't great last night.  But he's an under 30 starter for a team in the Championship, which is probably a better league than MLS and better prepares players for MLS than most other Euro leagues in terms of physical play, speed, and lack of technical ability.  Not saying he's worth $1M, just that any team in MLS would be crazy not to want him.  Do you think any of our current CBs would have done better than Ream last night?  He'd be an improvement.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Eh, Ream wasn't great last night.  But he's an under 30 starter for a team in the Championship, which is probably a better league than MLS and better prepares players for MLS than most other Euro leagues in terms of physical play, speed, and lack of technical ability.  Not saying he's worth $1M, just that any team in MLS would be crazy not to want him.  Do you think any of our current CBs would have done better than Ream last night?  He'd be an improvement.

We can do better than Ream out there. And no, our guys wouldn't do better (although at least Long has some speed) but at least they are getting paid far less than what Ream would.

I'm not crazy philosophically about spending a DP spot on a CB, but if we do, it better be someone better than Ream.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users