128 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

They are saving on allocation cost, and potential cap space as well. No one knows for sure since actual numbers are hidden, but there is a reason they keep going to the Red Bull well: it's cheaper if Daddy Dieter already has you on the payroll.

Cheaper for RB, but not for RBNY.    Pretty sure the league is strict about those types of things.  Man City couldn't ship someone making $100K a week to NYC and only charge them $1 a week  on the loan.    But you could see how RB Global would allow RB to go "over budget" if it was left pocket/right pocket stuff.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Cheaper for RB, but not for RBNY.    Pretty sure the league is strict about those types of things.  Man City couldn't ship someone making $100K a week to NYC and only charge them $1 a week  on the loan.    But you could see how RB Global would allow RB to go "over budget" if it was left pocket/right pocket stuff.   

If not DP, then the league would have to approve the loan deal to determime the cap hit.

I believe that is what happen with schopp, nielson, oebster and sekagya

If they go DP route then we have the Damari situation

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Just listened to Marsch on Extra Time Radio (I think it was from earlier today) and he did say we're going to add another piece in the next week or so.  I think that's funny because that means the deal is done, it just takes a week to be official because of MLS crap.

https://www.mlssocce...ls-jesse-marsch

Have to think it's this guy.

He also said 1 more piece down the road but I get the impression it's not soon.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Do I have this right: our big acquisition is a fringe player from a garbage European league? Great.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Do I have this right: our big acquisition is a fringe player from a garbage European league? Great.

Royer wasn't all that different. 

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Jesse on Extra Time Radio today: "We'll add one more piece that I think will be ready to be an impact player in the next week or so, and we're still looking for probably one other piece. But we're really satisfied."

Recommend the whole interview, but it sounds like something is imminent. http://www.mlssoccer...ls-jesse-marsch

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Royer wasn't all that different. 

Eh.. Royer was a consistent contributor at one of the best teams in Austria before taking a step down (I think, I don't claim to be familiar with the Danish league)  to still being a starter at one of the top teams in Denmark.  We're getting a guy who has only put up good numbers in Norway, and specifically has kinda flopped in Austria.  If this is a loan, I'd be willing to bet it's another Damari situation, where we're just doing RB a favor by giving him one more chance before cutting him loose.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

I just remember reading local forums talking about Royer and them thinking he didn't really catch on all that much. Then I see him come here and is one of our best players.

And when it comes to Damari, I really wish we held on to him.  That dude could play.  Just got hurt and there's nothing that can be done about that.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

I just remember reading local forums talking about Royer and them thinking he didn't really catch on all that much. Then I see him come here and is one of our best players.

And when it comes to Damari, I really wish we held on to him.  That dude could play.  Just got hurt and there's nothing that can be done about that.

Don't think it was our choice to let Damari go. He never looked like he wanted to be here.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Took some time to watch Gulbrandsen and even read about him.  Think he's gonna be pretty popular here.  Works hard, very fast.  Speaks english well which should help his transition.  He's also kind of tough to push off the ball, and even though he's shorter, he's not lost in the air too.

Age is perfect.  Has gotten slight injuries here and there (along with an ACL a couple years ago) but will hopefully be a bit better off now that he's hitting his mid twenties.  More and more I've watched, I think he'll make it work pretty well here, only significant concern is health.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Took some time to watch Gulbrandsen and even read about him.  Think he's gonna be pretty popular here.  Works hard, very fast.  Speaks english well which should help his transition.  He's also kind of tough to push off the ball, and even though he's shorter, he's not lost in the air too.

Age is perfect.  Has gotten slight injuries here and there (along with an ACL a couple years ago) but will hopefully be a bit better off now that he's hitting his mid twenties.  More and more I've watched, I think he'll make it work pretty well here, only significant concern is health.  

impressive - going beyond FIFA and youtube highlight clips!!!!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

So hes short, he's white, and he plays with fuckin fight?

rodgers_la.gif

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,432 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

rodgers_la.gif

Still wear his jersey to most games.. only offensive player's jersey I've ever bought

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

rodgers_la.gif

Hah, I tried not to bring up Luke's name.  

He doesn't play with the toughness that Luke played with, but he's definitely short, white, and works hard.  He's good in the air too, not in a hold-up type of way, but in a finishing type of way.  

If he stays healthy, a big if, he'll definitely be a positive for this team.

PaintThisCityRed

PaintThisCityRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Supports:MLS, USA

some positive comments from DJ Solli http://www.metro.us/...-jzdSaUAdrLQNI/

Fuck the right wing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users