Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

Left off PHI as a main rival on purpose  :)+ . Did I miss any? Wasn't sure how hard NE's rivalry is to us seems like its cool down from the lukewarm thing it was in the early days.

FOOTBALLCLUBMAPS_MLSDERBIES.png

You can download the pdf here:

https://www.football...s-rivalries-map

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Painful to see us abbreviated as NYR.

0/10 thread on that basis alone.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Remember when Chicago was a huge rival?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,784 posts

Kind of sucks that so many teams see us as their main rival.

Philly does, DC does, and NYCFC obviously does.

Just means we get those teams' best shot every time we play them.  As far as our team goes, judging off what the players/coaches say, plus the atmosphere of the stadium, I'd say that NYCFC is already our biggest rival.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Just means we get those teams' best shot every time we play them.  As far as our team goes, judging off what the players/coaches say, plus the atmosphere of the stadium, I'd say that NYCFC is already our biggest rival.

I still think it has a bit of time to brew to overtake DC, but it was a potential to eclipse it for sure!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Whenever we meet NYCFC in the playoffs it's going to be hard to top that in terms of atmosphere and rivalry. I know DC will be our oldest rival but I think the first playoff meeting will really bump DC to 2nd.

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,390 posts

Remember when Chicago was a huge rival?

These were for like 2 years. And when the Chicago fanbase was actually pretty hardcore enough to go to GS. I think it had to do with all the Polish kids in their group, they just called everyone they knew in Greenpoint and brought them along.

Also Valencia was onside!

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

I just hate that we're "NYR." RBNY, NYRB please.

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

Kind of sucks that so many teams see us as their main rival.

Philly does, DC does, and NYCFC obviously does.

I think Boy City and Philly should go hate each other and leave us alone.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Whenever we meet NYCFC in the playoffs it's going to be hard to top that in terms of atmosphere and rivalry. I know DC will be our oldest rival but I think the first playoff meeting will really bump DC to 2nd.

agreed.  Just look at the secondary market prices for tickets and you can tell which game the general public cares more about.  It's not even close

Escalators and Beer

Escalators and Beer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Everton, USA

Poor Minnesota.

Edit: Oh. And Atlanta. I guess the ATL and ORL thing isn't a rivalry. Ugh I've fallen into Garber's trap!

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

As a long time fan, DC will always be the #1 rival for the hardcore / old time fans. But, realistically NYCFC is already the #1 rival for the majority of the fanbase. #2 DC, #3 Philly, and then everyone else. 

PaintThisCityRed

PaintThisCityRed

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Supports:MLS, USA

I don't like having Philly as rival #3. It would make them too happy to actually have a rival and not just imagine one. But they do show up to RBA in large numbers.

Fuck the right wing.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

As a long time fan, DC will always be the #1 rival for the hardcore / old time fans. But, realistically NYCFC is already the #1 rival for the majority of the fanbase. #2 DC, #3 Philly, and then everyone else. 

I will always hate DC but it helps from our end of the rivalry that we finally beat DC in the playoffs 2 years in a row after losing to them so damn much.

I really want to take out New England and Columbus in the playoffs. Especially Columbus, I'm still bitter over 08 and 15. I hate those two way more than Philly at the moment.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
The scum rivalry is built on years of history and real hatred for their vile and disgusting players and fans. The boy city rivalry is plastic and forced. If you are one of those people whose fandom goes all the way back to 2012 you probably thing ciddy is the biggest rivalry.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users