I just call them the CRapids.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

This is aggressive, but why not after the last 30 minutes tonight? 

Robles

Lawrence-Collin-Long-Murillo

Felipe

Grella-Kljestan-Royer

Etienne-BWP 

Sacha can go back and forth in the midfield as necessary. Worth noting that we're gonna be without him for RSL in 3 weeks because of this league still playing during int'l breaks.

Bench: Meara, Davis, Adams, Perrinelle, Zizzo, Bilyeu, Muyl, Allen

I don't think Davis played great, but does everyone really think Felipe played better?  I thought he was pretty bad last night, and maybe a bit worse than Davis last night.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

I don't think Davis played great, but does everyone really think Felipe played better?  I thought he was pretty bad last night, and maybe a bit worse than Davis last night.

Davis was kinda anonomous but Felip was noticibly ehh.

-------Robles

Davis

Grella-Kljestan-Royer

Etienne-BWP 

I would go with this since Crapids are not offensive powerhouses but defensively stought

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

-------Robles

Davis

Grella-Kljestan-Royer

Etienne-BWP 

I would go with this since Crapids are not offensive powerhouses but defensively stought

Are you suggesting playing a lineup based on the strengths & weaknesses and/or tactics of the opponent?  Normally I would have said that's crazy talk, but Jesse made a sub before the 60' minute last night AND then a second sub before the 70'.  So miracles can happen.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

More Grella.

Hey fella - you smella grella? Me too.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Colorado is a good team obviously.  Still like our chances considering it's the home opener and the fans will add a lot.

Gonna go with close to the same starting lineup as yesterday.

-----Sacha----BWP

Grella-------------Royer

------Felipe--Davis

Taxi Long Collin Zizzo

Thinking this is the game that Murillo comes off the bench to get some minutes.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts

Are you suggesting playing a lineup based on the strengths & weaknesses and/or tactics of the opponent?  Normally I would have said that's crazy talk, but Jesse made a sub before the 60' minute last night AND then a second sub before the 70'.  So miracles can happen.

I was struggling to remember a game that Marsch won based on his in-game management/substitutions. Atlanta moved from more press to trying to absorb pressure and punching hard on the counter. The move to the one d-mid with Felipe deeper protected our CBs. The two forwards forced them to play deeper as well. Royer and Grella started being more direct. Sacha was still poor but he was somewhat better the last half hour. 

I am not sure what line-up gets rolled out. Marsch said Veron would be available and veron was very good the first leg before tweaking his hamstring. So lets see. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

I was struggling to remember a game that Marsch won based on his in-game management/substitutions. Atlanta moved from more press to trying to absorb pressure and punching hard on the counter. The move to the one d-mid with Felipe deeper protected our CBs. The two forwards forced them to play deeper as well. Royer and Grella started being more direct. Sacha was still poor but he was somewhat better the last half hour. 

I am not sure what line-up gets rolled out. Marsch said Veron would be available and veron was very good the first leg before tweaking his hamstring. So lets see. 

We didnt move to 1 D-mid.  Sacha just moved back there with Felipe.

I do like all of your observations though.  Agree with almost every single one.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,301 posts

We didnt move to 1 D-mid.  Sacha just moved back there with Felipe.

I do like all of your observations though.  Agree with almost every single one.

Thanks! Were they paired side by side though? It seemed to me like Felipe almost exclusively dropped back, and Sacha was deeper but still higher up.

Either way, Marsch saw what Tata was doing (whose own substitutions didn't help them at all), and neutralized #AUFC. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,707 posts
Felipe as a destroyer with klestan as the box to box would be sick since he's great at moving he ball. We just needthat crafty #10 valeri type infront of him. One can only dream.

Davis needs to show up vs colorado. He was quiet vs VC and quiet vs ATL.

5 year plan

regulator

regulator

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

current forecast for Saturday: 30% chance of snow, high of 39.  I actually wouldn't mind a little snow - would be cool to catch a snow soccer game in person

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Thanks! Were they paired side by side though? It seemed to me like Felipe almost exclusively dropped back, and Sacha was deeper but still higher up.

Either way, Marsch saw what Tata was doing (whose own substitutions didn't help them at all), and neutralized #AUFC. 

THey were paired, but it just seemed like Felipe and Sacha had a better chemistry that involved one being farther up than the other. Thought a bunch of times last night that Davis and Felipe were side by side too much.  They'll improve over time with that stuff.

Normally I'd hate moving someone who's as good as Sacha farther away from goal, but with Royer being such a good player, and Grella always having been a good enough passer, it just might work.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

current forecast for Saturday: 30% chance of snow, high of 39.  I actually wouldn't mind a little snow - would be cool to catch a snow soccer game in person

I'll be breaking out my ski gear... Dunno why but my area on the 2nd level feel like 20 degrees colder than whatever the temperature is.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

THey were paired, but it just seemed like Felipe and Sacha had a better chemistry that involved one being farther up than the other. Thought a bunch of times last night that Davis and Felipe were side by side too much.  They'll improve over time with that stuff.

Normally I'd hate moving someone who's as good as Sacha farther away from goal, but with Royer being such a good player, and Grella always having been a good enough passer, it just might work.

Grella can make the pass like he did last night, but he doesn't read the game anywhere near as well as Sacha or at least as well as Sacha of 2015-2016.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Grella can make the pass like he did last night, but he doesn't read the game anywhere near as well as Sacha or at least as well as Sacha of 2015-2016.

Yes, feel like that is pretty obvious.

Grella is a good passer of the ball though. If they moved Sacha back, they could get adequate production from Grella in that spot. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users