253 replies to this topic

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,928 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

"Panama is set to open training camp on March 19.

The New York Red Bulls are scheduled to play at Seattle on March 19 and home against Real Salt Lake on March 25."

http://www.newyorkre...lifying-matches

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Everyone's ready to go, right? No players will ask to be excused from a turf game?

I don't think anyone would ask, but personally I wouldn't play Perinelle and/or Veron for obvious reasons.

And I'd be careful about using guys for 90 minutes who aren't used to 5 hours flights and games on turf (cough Royer cough).

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

I think if we win this one, we could maybe be optimistic about this season?  No? 

Never!

Everyone's ready to go, right? No players will ask to be excused from a turf game?

Titi.

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo
I imagine this will be an incredibly tough task. I am more than okay with 1 point.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,928 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Seattle hasn't had a great start to the season.

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

They haven't had a great start, but they are loaded offensively and this is their home opener... That place will be rocking.

This is a really tough game...

Veron had a hamstring injury which in my opinion is basically always a 1 month injury.  He shouldn't be ready. 

General Robles

General Robles

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Supports:New York, Newcastle, Palermo

Seattle hasn't had a great start to the season.

This is true and I haven't seen either of their matches. But, they were on the road for both. As several mentioned, the home opener with them being desperate for some points will be very tough.

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

I don't know that it translates, but team having a big ceremony before a game always leads to a super flat performance in hockey. 

I think Seattle have been slightly better than 1 point in 6 games, but they haven't quite gotten in gear yet. It's still a team with Dempsey, Lodeiro, Morris, etc. 

I wonder if Lodeiro might be experiencing a dip in form similar to what Sacha (who, coincidentally, is who makes most of RBNY's offense go) went through last year. First time adjusting to a full MLS offseason. Obviously Kljestan came over for a full season in 2015, but Lodeiro got off the plane from Copa Lib and kept playing for Sounders through December. Might take some getting used to. 

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

I don't know that it translates, but team having a big ceremony before a game always leads to a super flat performance in hockey. 

I think Seattle have been slightly better than 1 point in 6 games, but they haven't quite gotten in gear yet. It's still a team with Dempsey, Lodeiro, Morris, etc. 

I wonder if Lodeiro might be experiencing a dip in form similar to what Sacha (who, coincidentally, is who makes most of RBNY's offense go) went through last year. First time adjusting to a full MLS offseason. Obviously Kljestan came over for a full season in 2015, but Lodeiro got off the plane from Copa Lib and kept playing for Sounders through December. Might take some getting used to. 

This is all true as well.  Especially possible they suffer from that championship hangover.  Hell, they didn't have a regular season worth mentioning last season so perhaps they've adopted that approach where they really don't care about the regular season.

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

Sounders, in both matches have been flat in the 1st half but managed to get their tempo and form in the 2nd half.   Still missing Evans at right back, Svensson has done a decent job thus far... all other starters look to be healthy.  

The Link will be lit for this match, won't be an easy match for the Bulls. If RB stands a chance, they need to hit the back of the net early on and put the pressure on the Sounders from the get go.  If Ozzie and Nico can set the tempo, it's lights out for the Bulls.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Sounders, in both matches have been flat in the 1st half but managed to get their tempo and form in the 2nd half.   Still missing Evans at right back, Svensson has done a decent job thus far... all other starters look to be healthy.  

The Link will be lit for this match, won't be an easy match for the Bulls. If RB stands a chance, they need to hit the back of the net early on and put the pressure on the Sounders from the get go.  If Ozzie and Nico can set the tempo, it's lights out for the Bulls.

The one good thing is that Seattle likes to do everything through the middle of the field.  We are so clogged there with this system that it's tough to do.  Hell, the only goals we've given up have originated from outside.

The main way to beat us is to basically sit back and counter.  Seattle won't do that as much.  Especially at home.  Think that part bodes well.  The part that sucks is that it's their home opener and the players will be flying and giving it everything they have.

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
Seattle will unveil their 2016 mls cup banner before the match, right?

That should be motivation enough for the guys who played last season for us.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB
If we don't lose this match well equal the longest unbeaten regular season streak of 19 matches.

11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts
  • Supports:Metro Liverpool Lokomotiv Sounders

The one good thing is that Seattle likes to do everything through the middle of the field.  We are so clogged there with this system that it's tough to do.  Hell, the only goals we've given up have originated from outside.

The main way to beat us is to basically sit back and counter.  Seattle won't do that as much.  Especially at home.  Think that part bodes well.  The part that sucks is that it's their home opener and the players will be flying and giving it everything they have.

Keep your eyes on our LB, Jones...... kid has pace for days and is getting pretty slick getting shots and crosses on goal, Svensson who is replacing Evans at RB is also fairly nifty getting up into the box too.  Jones though is one to watch, if he's feelin' it, he's a joy to watch.

Metrostars FC -- "The hardest FC in the world"
Метро Красное Общество Звезды

If only all footballers were like David Bentley

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Keep your eyes on our LB, Jones...... kid has pace for days and is getting pretty slick getting shots and crosses on goal, Svensson who is replacing Evans at RB is also fairly nifty getting up into the box too.  Jones though is one to watch, if he's feelin' it, he's a joy to watch.

Cool, will do.  Important game for Zizzo and even Sacha defensively.  Makes you wonder if Sacha and Royer should switch sides for most of this game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users