MTF

MTF

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, USMNT

Saw enough of Etiane to say start Danish with BWP

I'd start a danish over Veron...maybe even a cruller, but not a donut with a hole.  There'd be too many passes that would pass right through.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

I'd start a danish over Veron...maybe even a cruller, but not a donut with a hole.  There'd be too many passes that would pass right through.

lol - more like a norwegian - perhaps some smoked salmon

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Etienne--BWP---

Royer--------------Sacha

------Felipe---Davis

Taxi Long---DP/Collin---Zizzo

Basically the same lineup with similar subs (except the defensive one).  

RSL game sees more changes due to international call ups with Gulbrandson for Etienne, Davis for Sacha, Adams for Davis, Biluye for Taxi.  Murrillo gets further integrated in the next 2 weeks and then possibly wins the job in April upon return. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Something to keep an eye on, through the first two games Sean Davis currently leads all of MLS in combined tackles and interceptions. I've been giving him flak so far for being a little too quiet out there, but its tough to argue against that sort of production.

CurbYourNewUrbanism

CurbYourNewUrbanism

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

What is the best site for seeing those more detailed statistics?  

Can't believe I'm emerging from lurking with this boring post.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,603 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What is the best site for seeing those more detailed statistics?  

Can't believe I'm emerging from lurking with this boring post.

WhoScored.com is the most easily searchable for me, but its clunky and takes a little getting used to

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,338 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If we don't lose this match well equal the longest unbeaten regular season streak of 19 matches.

NINETEEN NINETEEN UNDEFEATED

NINETEEN NINETEEN I SAID

NINETEEN NINETEEN UNDEFEATED

UNDEFEATED AND NEW YORK'S RED

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Something to keep an eye on, through the first two games Sean Davis currently leads all of MLS in combined tackles and interceptions. I've been giving him flak so far for being a little too quiet out there, but its tough to argue against that sort of production.

Someone should tell Sacha. Apparently, Sacha was repeatedly asking Jesse to pull Davis and a lot of bickering.
2013 & 2015 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Slomojones

Slomojones

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Supports:NYRB
I thought Davis looked nervous on the ball. Maybe it was his offensive production that he wasn't pleased with.
This post is dedicated to all the slow defenders of the world. Godspeed! my brothers

Komba

Komba

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,382 posts

Not shocked.. He was great in the 2nd half of the last game.

And as for Sacha, if he did really ask for Davis to be removed then it had everything to do with him on the ball. In the first half, he was handling it like a grenade.

People are gonna see that he's not a big drop off from Dax, if he's even a drop off at all.  I like how it makes us more physical in the midfield as well. Guys can't body up to Davis.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,338 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Akira does look a little skinny. Guess he's stronger than I thought, or he's got great control wrt balance.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello and Mike Vallo

"Metro..."

break516beatz

break516beatz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Are people actually complaining about Davis on the defensive side of the ball? His name hasn't come up at all during the first two games, and that's pretty much what you want out of your d-mid. Offensively he leaves a bit to be desired but this is going to be his first full year in the league so it's still an adjustment period for him.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Not shocked.. He was great in the 2nd half of the last game.

And as for Sacha, if he did really ask for Davis to be removed then it had everything to do with him on the ball. In the first half, he was handling it like a grenade.

People are gonna see that he's not a big drop off from Dax, if he's even a drop off at all.  I like how it makes us more physical in the midfield as well. Guys can't body up to Davis.

suprised by the stat.  he didn't look great in ATL and was noticibly poor in the first half but much better 2nd half. 

where was it heard that Sacha wanted to pull Davis?  

and can't say he was wrong as many of the fans around me were saying he was not good.  Thought he was going to get pulled for Adams at half. 

Well the guy has to work through these tough outtings.  Glad he did and interesting the eye test  was a bit slanted.

Also, how about that tackle by Davis?  the guy really wrapped the COL guy up and put his shoulder into it!!

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It looked like Adams was halfway between the corner and the bench at one point late on Saturday. Wonder if Marsch grew more comfortable with Davis and decided to go for Gulbrandsen instead. 

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,842 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

Are people actually complaining about Davis on the defensive side of the ball? His name hasn't come up at all during the first two games, and that's pretty much what you want out of your d-mid. Offensively he leaves a bit to be desired but this is going to be his first full year in the league so it's still an adjustment period for him.

Defense is good, it's the passing and offense that needs improvement.

It seems like he is thinking too much or is too nervous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users