25 replies to this topic

PitchOnEStreet

PitchOnEStreet

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Supports:RBNY -- USMNT

Now Red Bull has an excuse they can throw out if asked why they couldn't sign someone like Xavi.

Except that's a pretty legitimate reason, and not an excuse. That's an obscene amount of money.

Now, why they can't find a player for $1M - $3M a year? That's a completely legitimate question and gripe.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Except that's a pretty legitimate reason, and not an excuse. That's an obscene amount of money.

Now, why they can't find a player for $1M - $3M a year? That's a completely legitimate question and gripe.

They can.  They don't want to.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USMNT

I'd like to think it's easier to add a player in the summer transfer window rather than the winter.

MetroCab

MetroCab

Brilliant!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

How many of you really expect a big summer signing?  Saying "oh just wait until summer" is a great way to deflect and keep false hopes alive.

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

How many of you really expect a big summer signing?  Saying "oh just wait until summer" is a great way to deflect and keep false hopes alive.

We have 1 DP for crying out loud!  We gotta expect some sort of a summer signing.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

We have 1 DP for crying out loud!  We gotta expect some sort of a summer signing.

curtis.jpg

Please buy some season tickets while you still can! That summer signing is coming, I promise.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

curtis.jpg

Please buy some season tickets while you still can! That summer signing is coming, I promise.

Funny. But don't pick on Curtis about the lack of a signing.  We were given that summer signing is coming line back when Roxy was in charge.

beefyT

beefyT

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Supports:Taco Tuesday

Funny. But don't pick on Curtis about the lack of a signing.  We were given that summer signing is coming line back when Roxy was in charge.

and yet you're still are optimistic that there's a player coming in?

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

and yet you're still are optimistic that there's a player coming in?

A player? Yes. The question is, what kind of player?

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

How about:

dieter.jpg

Buy some Red Bull!

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

we're a 2 game home losing streak from a sea of blue empty seats at RBA.   They may be forced to sign someone of some sort of stature this summer  just to keep the ship afloat .  You can bet that NYCFC will drop another big time player this summer

5 year plan

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

we're a 2 game home losing streak from a sea of blue empty seats at RBA.   They may be forced to sign someone of some sort of stature this summer  just to keep the ship afloat .  You can bet that NYCFC will drop another big time player this summer

It took us four weeks into the season to win a game in 2013, and 6 weeks into 2014. The overall fan base is a little more patient than that.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

I hear Brian Nielsen is a free agent. A lot of you newbies who are 100% sure a big summer signing is coming will like him. He represents synergy and is great in a salary cap league. Ton of value out of him.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

joshgabs

joshgabs

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

I think a lot of us were at the NE playoff game in the Eastern Conference Finals.  That was the fullest I've ever seen RBA.  

My favorite part: It wasn't full because people wanted to see Thierry Henry, or another superstar, or European team.  It was full because the team was winning.  

If you win, people will come.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT
Sebastian Vettel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users