97 replies to this topic

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Y'all deserve the playoff losses for excusing this shit.

I agree with most of what you said, except for this. Everyone on this site loves this club (hence why we're all here) and deserves to see this club win. I don't care if they're #RedBullOut or pro-Red Bull. 

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I am talking about a very specific group of fan who are more interested in sitting here and defending an owner than they are in seeing this club treated with respect and run in an effort to win trophies.

Thankfully, most of those people aren't on this site. Probably should've made that clear.

#RedBullOut

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

Is Red Bull the perfect owner?  No, far from it.  However, they do seem more interested in winning than at least half the owners in the league and have been pretty successful at winning over the last 4 years in New York since Rangnick started at Red Bull, not to mention the successes in Salzburg and Liepzig. If you can construct a team that is good enough to set the all-time regular season points record, you have constructed a team good enough to win MLS Cup. 

Red Bull has consistently assembled teams that are among the best in the league.  Would I prefer an owner like Arthur Blank willing to outspend everyone else in the league? Yes but the average MLS owner is worse than Red Bull.  The average MLS owner are the the guys who own Montreal, Vancouver Houston, Philadelphia or DC United. If you were to switch Red Bull for your average MLS owner, we would most likely be in a worse spot with a worse owner. 

I don't like Red Bull.  I wish the team had a different and better owner.  However, I do not complain about Red Bull as the owner much because we could be a lot worse off.  And overall, these last 5 or 6 years have been just about the best and most fun to be a Metro fan compared to the 15 years before.  I like to try to focus on the positive with this team, because historically there has been very little positive to go around. 

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I do not complain about Red Bull as the owner much because we could be a lot worse off.

I do not complain about my job because i could be a lot worse off.

I do not complain about my wife because i could be a lot worse off.

I do not complain about my explosive diarrhea because i could be a lot worse off.

I do not complain about the baby arm growing out of my head because i could be a lot worse off.

Seriously what kind of attitude is this?!?! ;)

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea
Wait and see. Frankly Im not offended by the tweet. Its not like he shared any revelatory information.

redredred

redredred

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Supports:metro
More involvement from Rangnick seems like an improvement over Houllier, Andy Rox etc.

seems more likely to raise the standard...get resources...seems like a much more important player in rb hierarchy...

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull
Well, if you are going to engage in making RBNY a farm team and make sure no one shows up, at least be good at it

I dont think that the dip in academy quality discussed elsewhere on here and Ragnicks appointment is a complete coincidence

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

A rising tide....

This is the best we could hope for I think from such an arrangement. 

i still have a lot of questions over how Ragnick is gonna approach this role and how hands on he will be with us. Having his involvement in an in depth role can only help us I believe but that remains to be seen. 

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
https://www.forbes.c...g/#2e76a464426a

In the last seven years we developed one Tyler Adams in New York and one Ramalho for Red Bull Salzburg and Bernardo for Salzburg and Leipzig, Rangnick said. Over seven years, that is not a good result. Our job is going to be to develop a Tyler Adams and Bernardo and other players every year, he added.

(Edit - which is exactly what I said earlier this post before even having read the Forbes article)

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

More involvement from Rangnick seems like an improvement over Houllier, Andy Rox etc.

seems more likely to raise the standard...get resources...seems like a much more important player in rb hierarchy...

I think this a positive though not thrilling tweet
The guy sees we can compete like last year and sees the quality in Tyler Adams etc. the guy has proven he know how to succeed.

He is probably thinking how can I produce a few Tylers a year to send to Leipzig . That can only help us.
Also he saw what happened with other Americans making it in Bundesliga

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Sure who wouldn't love to produce more homegrown talents to sell to Europe, be it Leipzig or elsewhere. Hopefully Ragnick can help us maintain and build our organizational structure with our academy - USL - MLS pipeline. It's helped us greatly thus far. 

However what role will he have in improving our first team and other signings. We won't tolerate simply serving Leipzig without prioritizing our own success first. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I don't get the freakout over the Leipzig pipeline. Any of our players that's good enough for Leipzig is good enough for a hell of a lot of places in Europe, we wouldn't be holding on to them anyway. Maybe you could argue they're less likely to spend on guys in their prime cause they're less likely to be flipped at some point? I'm not too worried about that if we have studs in their early 20's rolling in, and I trust Rangnick to kickstart some activity on the transfer market a lot more than I trust Hamlett.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
What studs are rolling in? Adams was from fucking Jersey, so was Miazga. Those were the two best young players we've produced.

What young 'stud' has rolled in here on a transfer in the past 15 years? They gave a 25 year old Veron and a 22 year old Kaku transfer fees. Neither were under 20 studs. The pulled this Jorgensen kid from fucking nowhere and somehow managed to blow most of Adams transfer fee on him. Kid is so far out of his depth they signed Barlow just to cover striker depth.

#RedBullOut

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
And of course he's going to do all these wonderful things for rbny from Leipzig, shows how hands on he's going to be. If he was appointed coach/gm I'd be happy but doing whatever he's going to do from an ocean away tells me he's just playing fifa manager while waiting for a new job since it's a lot easier to leave his current position than if he were still an active coach. My bet is he will leave this position within a year (after he wins mls cup, usoc and the ccl)

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What studs are rolling in? Adams was from fucking Jersey, so was Miazga. Those were the two best young players we've produced.

What young 'stud' has rolled in here on a transfer in the past 15 years? They gave a 25 year old Veron and a 22 year old Kaku transfer fees. Neither were under 20 studs. The pulled this Jorgensen kid from fucking nowhere and somehow managed to blow most of Adams transfer fee on him. Kid is so far out of his depth they signed Barlow just to cover striker depth.

As much as you whine able people being complacent with ownership, you're so out to get them that I imagine you curse Red Bull's name every time you stub your toe.

The entire concept of buying prospects young (who said that has to mean U-20?) and selling for a profit down the line has only existed in MLS for like 3 years. I'm saying that I hope Rangnick can get us in the game of buying more Kaku/Almiron/Rossi types and fewer Veron/Jorgenson types.

And let's flip this argument for a second. Outside of the Adam's transfer, which I entirely disagree was blown because of the bonkers sell-on fee and constantly inflating transfer market, when has the Red Bull pipeline totally screwed us? Who are these players begging to be in NY but instead getting dragged kicking and screaming over to Leipzig? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users