Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I thought Sevilla was the one in the lead in getting him. We can't compete with that. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Signing Papu is > than signing Kaku or Yearwood or Jorgensen

Papu is not worth it. 10-15m seriously?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Signing Papu is > than signing Kaku or Yearwood or Jorgensen

Soccer is a team sport. You need to build a roster full of complementary pieces. You can't expect to sign 1 player for $10M/yr and have him succeed on a roster full of scrubs. And given financial limitations in MLS, it's unlikely that they would be able to sign anyone else of note if they blew so much money on papu

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Why are we talking about this it isnt happening cincy could say they offered 100 mil it doesnt matter he is not coming to mls

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Soccer is a team sport. You need to build a roster full of complementary pieces. You can't expect to sign 1 player for $10M/yr and have him succeed on a roster full of scrubs. And given financial limitations in MLS, it's unlikely that they would be able to sign anyone else of note if they blew so much money on papu

Didn't stop Toronto. Their combined Giovinco/Bradley/Altidore expenditure was like $25 million per season.

If the owners don't have the financial clout to build a team after that kind of outlay, that's one thing, but MLS rules aren't all that limiting after one big signing. As far as the cap is concerned, $10 million per season and $1.5 million per season are the same.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

that's a cheap excuse and lowers the bar for the Front office.. I feel like the fans don't put enough pressure on the front office to sign players..

3 good signings make a difference... And if two smaller additions are made that complement them that can completely change the way a team will perform and results they get
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
Rbny should sign bulesta, sikan and sagna. All of these guys are u23.

Bulesta Plays LM but can also play cm and cam. If you look at the u20 world cup in 2019 he was one of the best players. Kept on pressuring guys and causing turn overs in the midfield. When he had the ball, he knew where he had to pass it.

I would also go after danylo sikan. Plays forward. Also plays in the Ukraine performed well in the u20 world cup. Has good size. Reminds me of barlow but can finish. Currently plays in the Ukraine

The last guy is amadou sagna. Plays in belgium. Didnt get his break yet but performed well in youth tournaments. He is a speedy forward. Would work well if we play him with white or sikan.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Can they each be bought for less than $4m? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Can they each be bought for less than $4m? 

my estimates are based on past sales from  kiev and shakhtar

Bulesta might cost 3-4m

sikan and sagna could be purchased for 1-2m

i think they all have high ceilings.

only reason why i think they havent been sold  to bigger euro clubs is because they still need some development. however, i think their strengths fit nicely with RBNY's pressing game. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

my estimates are based on past sales from  kiev and shakhtar

Bulesta might cost 3-4m

sikan and sagna could be purchased for 1-2m

i think they all have high ceilings.

only reason why i think they havent been sold  to bigger euro clubs is because they still need some development. however, i think their strengths fit nicely with RBNY's pressing game. 

I mentioned Bulesta earlier.. I like Heorhiy Tsitaishvili too.. But he just moved to Vorskla on loan.. I think they can each be signed for less than 4 million..

Sikan was a stud.. They all only get better and then out of reach for RBNY... If they got them now they would at least enjoy 3 or 4 seasons of having them before they rack up major national team time and bigger clubs come knocking

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

I mentioned Bulesta earlier.. I like Heorhiy Tsitaishvili too.. But he just moved to Vorskla on loan.. I think they can each be signed for less than 4 million..

Sikan was a stud.. They all only get better and then out of reach for RBNY... If they got them now they would at least enjoy 3 or 4 seasons of having them before they rack up major national team time and bigger clubs come knocking

Yeah, that Ukraine youth team is no joke. It could be a golden generation for that country.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Yeah, that Ukraine youth team is no joke. It could be a golden generation for that country.

Serhii Bulesta, Vladyslav Supriaha, Heorhiy Tsitaishvili, Danylo Sikan..

I'd take any of them right now.. They'd be an upgrade over White or Omir or Barlow of most of the roster

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
Jozy on his way out of Toronto

https://www.espn.com...er?platform=amp

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Jozy on his way out of Toronto

https://www.espn.com...er?platform=amp

A very, very minor strain is very, very obvious cover from Berhalter, but appreciated.

If there's a possible transfer that requires his absence from camp, it's a Euro move.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Old friend Sam Cosgrove off to Birmingham City

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users