10 replies to this topic

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO
Here's a nice article about Detroit City FC and their supporters The Northern Guard, and how they are a true community club, rather than money or profits. Refreshing to read that this kind of thing can happen in the US and thrive as well. Now they have to deal with billionaires who want to bring MLS to Detroit in order to make a few bucks. Wish them luck and I can only hope this model of starting soccer clubs to unite a community spreads across the country.

http://www.sbnation....y-fc-soccer-mls

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
I've seen some nice videos of NGS on YouTube

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Here's a nice article about Detroit City FC and their supporters The Northern Guard, and how they are a true community club, rather than money or profits. Refreshing to read that this kind of thing can happen in the US and thrive as well. Now they have to deal with billionaires who want to bring MLS to Detroit in order to make a few bucks. Wish them luck and I can only hope this model of starting soccer clubs to unite a community spreads across the country.

http://www.sbnation....y-fc-soccer-mls

make a few bucks? 

I hope you right when you say that.. It seems like people lose money hand over fist when they invest in soccer in America.

I mean, for example, is Red Bull making any money? Doesn't seem like it. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

make a few bucks? 

I hope you right when you say that.. It seems like people lose money hand over fist when they invest in soccer in America.

I mean, for example, is Red Bull making any money? Doesn't seem like it. 

I say that because of the people involved in MLS to Detroit. They are billionaires who could care less about soccer. Not to mention an MLS team us just a small part of a much larger development project. And maybe more importantly the guy behind this already owns a large amount of land in Detroit but not this specific centrally located parcel with an unfinished jail and maybe he could get it easier with a stadium as a centerpiece.

I know there might be a few owners in MLS who might be in it not for the money but most are businessmen, not soccer fans. They might not be making money now but it is an investment that can only appreciate in the future so yes it sure is about making a few bucks.

If red bull isn't making money, and I mean rb the corporation and this team being a tiny amount of their business yet very useful for pushing their brand to people who hate the drink, then why are they doing it? For the community, for the love of the game? Come on...

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

If red bull isn't making money, and I mean rb the corporation and this team being a tiny amount of their business yet very useful for pushing their brand to people who hate the drink, then why are they doing it? For the community, for the love of the game? Come on...

Sports are like a loss leader for Red Bull. They blast the brand awareness everywhere they go. 

As a stand alone business, I doubt that RBNY is very profitable, if at all. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Sports are like a loss leader for Red Bull. They blast the brand awareness everywhere they go. 

I guess they just love to lose money.

#FUCKredbull

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

Hard to consider RBNY a stand-alone business, as its primary value to its owner is to push the brand.
And the brand is RB, not RBNY, MLS, or soccer.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
BTW, has Dieter ever appeared at RBA, or attended a match? How much interest does he have, if he's never been here?

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Hard to consider RBNY a stand-alone business, as its primary value to its owner is to push the brand.
And the brand is RB, not RBNY, MLS, or soccer.

I agree that its hard to logically separate them, but of course, RBNY is a separate business which is owned by Red Bull GmbH. Someone's watching that general ledger. 

And yes, in reference to the "brand" in this context, I only said Red Bull, not RBNY.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
DCFC update:
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/52308463

Steve Holt

Steve Holt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Fuck NYCFC.
    Fuck Fascism.
  • Supports:The Metro, The Bengals, Hating DC

DCFC update:
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/52308463

I was at DCFC match years ago when I lived in Ann Arbor. The DCFC fanbase has a same fervency as ESC and it shows. They take exceptional pride in their team and city.

It's great seeing that they are thriving and living up to Detroit's motto, We Hope for Better Things. 

Fuck DC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users