397 replies to this topic

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Tolkin looks like the next big thing from our RB2 team, big potential hope he goes to U17 WC and plays well, is he just playing LB to get on the pitch or is that his real position.

In addition to Tolkin, any thoughts on Stroud , Lema, Koffi, Zajec , Yanes, Scarlett potential for first team.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,983 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Tolkin looks like the next big thing from our RB2 team, big potential hope he goes to U17 WC and plays well, is he just playing LB to get on the pitch or is that his real position.

Certainly well regarded. If he's a regular with that stacked U17 team that will tell us a lot of where he stands in the current hierarchy. The amount of professional minutes on this current U17 team is stunning IMO. 

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,947 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

but it's mostly minutes for guys who are in the front 4, not in defense, right? I guess Tolkin can tack on ~90 minutes to his total.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,947 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

----------Jorgen$en

---Stroud---Lema-----Epps

----------Koffi Zajec

Loebe Nealis Kilwein Buckmaster

--------------Louro

Would you say this is the ideal XI for RB2 going down the stretch? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,188 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

----------Jorgen$en
---Stroud---Lema-----Epps
----------Koffi Zajec
Loebe Nealis Kilwein Buckmaster
--------------Louro

Would you say this is the ideal XI for RB2 going down the stretch? 

Yes. I'd continue to rotate Barlow/Jorgensen and the outside backs of: Loebe, Buckmaster, Rito, Yanes and Tolkin.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

In addition to Tolkin, any thoughts on Stroud , Lema, Koffi, Zajec , Yanes, Scarlett potential for first team.

Stroud / Lema are great USL players but I think they wont make it here as MLS players. Its not really their fault but MLS pays like 10x more for attacking players so getting time as a pure LW you're going against Royer / Nani caliber guys. I rate Stroud over Lema by a big distance.

They're both really smart players but lack physical ability speed / strength to make the step up.

Koffi - I like a lot, good speed / athleticism, solid passer, a very different type of midfielder from Felipe, Davis, RZA, CCJ. I know its over the top but reminds me of Nabby Keita. If he really becomes a soccer junkie, and gets his IQ up I expect 1st team chances maybe next year.

Zajec I dont think ive seen enough to make a judgement as of right now. Tidy player but right now missing that x factor that you need to have, is it passing, speed, dribbling ability, just needs something

Yanes has lost his spot last few weeks but was always solid when he played. Our fullbacks have almost all been really good Yanes / buckmaster / rito / loebe / tolkin. Rito looks ready to me but there ismnt much difference in the others.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,188 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Stroud's numbers are MLS quality. His size is a concern. Some of his wild control on the ball he won't be able to get away with in MLS.

Lema is the Metzger, Bezecourt, Valot mold. Probably a MLS fringe player. Has improved nicely.

Koffi plays the DM role nicely. Not sure if he deserves a MLS contract at this point, but to get him on an HGP from DC was a win. If we need roster flexibility for the first team, they will officially loan him or Mines down for the season.

Zajec struggled at the start but has now shown the promise he did in his few academy loan deals in 2015 with NYRBII.

Yanes: Stock dropped this year. Had a couple good outings but Loebe, Rito, Buckmaster rate higher. Kevin O'Toole and John Tolkin are our prospects in the left back role that make Yanes replaceable.

Scarlett has a great soccer mind. He gets into position well for balls in the air but his 1v1 defending is poor. In a pinch, would probably hold his own in an MLS match. His body and mind move quicker than his feet. Watch the goals allowed against Bethlehem to see why MLS is a long shot.
2013, 2015 and 2018 Supporters Shield Winners
As Long As We're Breathing

@CurseofCaricola

robs0650

robs0650

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Red Bulls II, Manu

Stroud's numbers are MLS quality. His size is a concern. Some of his wild control on the ball he won't be able to get away with in MLS.

Lema is the Metzger, Bezecourt, Valot mold. Probably a MLS fringe player. Has improved nicely.

Koffi plays the DM role nicely. Not sure if he deserves a MLS contract at this point, but to get him on an HGP from DC was a win. If we need roster flexibility for the first team, they will officially loan him or Mines down for the season.

Zajec struggled at the start but has now shown the promise he did in his few academy loan deals in 2015 with NYRBII.

Yanes: Stock dropped this year. Had a couple good outings but Loebe, Rito, Buckmaster rate higher. Kevin O'Toole and John Tolkin are our prospects in the left back role that make Yanes replaceable.

Scarlett has a great soccer mind. He gets into position well for balls in the air but his 1v1 defending is poor. In a pinch, would probably hold his own in an MLS match. His body and mind move quicker than his feet. Watch the goals allowed against Bethlehem to see why MLS is a long shot.

Good analysis , I pretty much agree .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users