107 replies to this topic

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Should we be more pissed that Dax isn't really getting a chance with the national team? 

The Three-Headed Monster: Why the New York Red Bulls midfield is the best in MLS

Dax%20Usage.png

"The Red Bulls captain has been the starting point of the team's advances forward and it shows in the numbers. The 27-year-old is currently No. 1 in usage rate among players with at least 200 minutes played. This comes after he finished seventh in the same statistic last season."

"He’s also doing some outstanding defensive work, as he is one of only two players averaging at least 3.5 tackles and interceptions per 90 (the other being Servando Carrasco). And this is the big one for a team married to the high press: McCarty is the league leader among outfield players in recoveries per 90 at 12.4. No other outfield player is averaging even 11 per 90 minutes."

jamison

jamison

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

No, because then we'd lose him for games. Frankly, a team of 'just under the national team radar' is ok w/me. Sacha should be there more routinely, I can't understand why he isn't. But, I'm also glad I'm not missing him for the gold cup for 6 weeks. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Feel bad for him he doesn't get the looks, selfishly i'm glad hes ours and we don't lose him for any games. Proud that hes our captain.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

No, because then we'd lose him for games. Frankly, a team of 'just under the national team radar' is ok w/me. Sacha should be there more routinely, I can't understand why he isn't. But, I'm also glad I'm not missing him for the gold cup for 6 weeks. 

You care more about another supporters shield than giving Dax the chance to have national team glory? This is MLS, we just have to quality for the playoffs, Gold Cup will be over by then!

NYC is Red

NYC is Red

Reserve Team

• PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Man United, US Soccer

While i agree that losing Dax or Klesjtan wouldn't be ideal, it would be great if we had players on the national team to market to the fans. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Jurgen is awful at scouting MLS talent. I hope he doesn't watch any Red Bull games because then we will lose Sacha, Dax, and Robles at once. Seriously, it seems like he watches a MLS game or two every few months and then brings guys in from the game he watched.

He is also too busy on ancestry.com with foreign players trying to find any American in them so they can take up space and "develop".
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Cant see him over Michael Bradley. But I do think he deserves a shot. He should get called up to see what he could do 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Cant see him over Michael Bradley. But I do think he deserves a shot. He should get called up to see what he could do 

Bradley hasn't been played as a holding mid, Beckerman has.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

For $32 plus shipping, he could get himself a call up

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Bradley hasn't been played as a holding mid, Beckerman has.

Jurgan has his favorites, and doesn't seem to like a lot of variety. I still cant figure out how Wondolowski is on the team. I would like to see guys who perform in the MLS get chances with USMNT

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Count me in the camp of those who don't want Dax to get more Men's National Team games.  It kills the flow of him constantly being with the team.

Guys like Dax and Sacha are very valuable in this league because continuity over a season means a lot.  Don't get injured and fall right below that men's national team level. 

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Unfortunately for Dax, his position is where the national team has the most depth. So while he's been thriving here in MLS, there are just too many guys ahead of him. 

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts

Count me in the camp of those who don't want Dax to get more Men's National Team games.  It kills the flow of him constantly being with the team.

Guys like Dax and Sacha are very valuable in this league because continuity over a season means a lot.  Don't get injured and fall right below that men's national team level. 

Continuity? Dax, Sacha and Felipe all looked to gel pretty well together from the beginning. If he played with the national team, I would expect him to maintain his form. 

I can't help but assume that as a player, they dream of playing for their country and getting a shot at a World Cup. I personally would prefer to not deny a player that chance because of a few regular season matches. MLS is at fault for not doing a better of recognizing international dates anyway, this conflict shouldn't exist in the first place. 

Unfortunately for Dax, his position is where the national team has the most depth. So while he's been thriving here in MLS, there are just too many guys ahead of him. 

I know I'm biased, but can't help but think Dax is better than Beckerman. 

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Dax is one of the most fiesty ball hawks in the league, but he has persistent passing issues. He does great stuff for us, but i can't see him on the international stage

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Dax is one of the most fiesty ball hawks in the league, but he has persistent passing issues. He does great stuff for us, but i can't see him on the international stage

I don't think he's quite disciplined enough for that stage either. A guy like Beckerman you know that he'll be in the exact spot you expect him to be at any point, Dax has a tendency to get tunnel vision and chase the ball out of position.

If this was one of the B-team Gold Cups I'd expect Dax to get at least consideration for a call-up, but I don't see him getting anywhere close to the first team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users