80 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,033 posts
  • Supports:Metro

For them to host us (provided we don't drop to 6th), they finish 3rd, beat whomever + (likely) Montreal. We finish 4th or 5th, beat whomever + Philly. There might be better odds of us falling to 6th.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I'd rather be totally trash once every 4/5 years and be a legit mls cup challenger than whatever we've been doing.

How many times in the last 13 years did we really think we have a chance to win it all?

2/3?

2018 was a true choke job, it should have been ours.

2015 felt like a real shot.

2013 and 2014 and 2016 felt like somewhat of a chance.

I'd say 2 where we went in with a great chance, up to maybe 5 where it felt well within reach given the reality of knockout tournaments. Most other years have been looking for "momentum and luck" as the new boss so eloquently put it.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

2018 was a true choke job, it should have been ours.

2015 felt like a real shot.

2013 and 2014 and 2016 felt like somewhat of a chance.

I'd say 2 where we went in with a great chance, up to maybe 5 where it felt well within reach given the reality of knockout tournaments. Most other years have been looking for "momentum and luck" as the new boss so eloquently put it.

2013 was absolutely a choke job, we had a 2-0 lead on the road, blew that, and then blew the game at home to an absolutely dog shit Houston team.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts
My guess for the alternative venue is Philly...

https://www.nycfc.co...-playoffs-first

"Due to the MLB playoffs, Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are unavailable to host the match. Therefore, NYCFC can today confirm that the first-round playoff match will be played at Red Bull Arena, as it is the only other MLS approved venue in the immediate New York City area.

In the event that NYCFC hosts the Red Bulls in the first round, an alternative venue will be used for the match. If NYCFC hosts playoff games in subsequent rounds, the Clubs venue priority will continue to be Yankee Stadium first, Citi Field second, and Red Bull Arena third, based upon availability."

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

PHI makes sense for them, I guess. Shorter trip than EHartford. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

PHI makes sense for them, I guess. Shorter trip than EHartford. 

Also looks like how an MLS team venue should look instead of the minor leagues like Hartford

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users