85 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Sign me up for an Italian hot dog and 1-12 beers at Bellos right now, fuck the game. Dying for some Bellos.

First and second round is on me.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Sign me up for an Italian hot dog and 1-12 beers at Bellos right now, fuck the game. Dying for some Bellos.

Pretty much THIS. I'd 100% make the trek down to watch the match there because I'm pretty sure they can use the support/business right now.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

It's also currently unclear where New York City FC will host their matches, with the club's usual home of Yankee Stadium likely unavailable due to the compressed MLB schedule. "

LOL 

in a tough year this is making me smile

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Nov. 20/21: 8 v. 9 play-in
Nov. 24/25: Conference quarterfinals
Nov. 28/29: Conference semifinals
Dec. 5/6: Conference finals
Dec. 12: MLS Cup

When is 12 v 13 play-in, want to mark my cal?

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

The Canadian teams are reportedly only set to play in Canada during the league's first stage. According to The Athletic, it isn't yet determined if the Canadian teams would be cleared to travel to the United States by the start of the league's second phase.

Dont see how they let those teams travel since they said no to the MLB Toronto Blue Jays.

Maybe they can take advantage of this and kick the 3 of them out of the league and make this a proper domestic league again(I know it's not gonna happen lol)

Not like there aren't plenty of cities who will gladly add a team to make up for them and they can collect more of that expansion money though lol

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Dont see how they let those teams travel since they said no to the MLB Toronto Blue Jays.

Maybe they can take advantage of this and kick the 3 of them out of the league and make this a proper domestic league again(I know it's not gonna happen lol)

Not like there aren't plenty of cities who will gladly add a team to make up for them and they can collect more of that expansion money though lol

Canadian premier league can win xoand as well !!
Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

If RB games are played at the arena with cardboard cutouts in the stands someone should sneak in and put paper bags on all their heads. How is Armas still the coach? ATL canning FdB is yet another real club flex on our subsidiary gimmick club.

RED. BULL. OUT.

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

First and second round is on me.

Rounds 3-12 are on me

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Pretty much THIS. I'd 100% make the trek down to watch the match there because I'm pretty sure they can use the support/business right now.

Does anyone know if they are still doing takeout or outdoor dining? I would at least make my way over to pick up some food.

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,357 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Barca, Millonarios, AFC A2

18 games starting in mid to late August

omg, more misery? fuuuuu......

You're a fucking monkey.
QUOTE (NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,121 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Apparently, MLS is not hesitant because of the things happening with MLB.

Go the bubble route again, just not in Florida. Play as many games as fit in 2 months, then go to playoffs. What else can you do at this point...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Apparently, MLS is not hesitant because of the things happening with MLB.

Go the bubble route again, just not in Florida. Play as many games as fit in 2 months, then go to playoffs. What else can you do at this point...

Maybe they think they can have some percentage of fans allowed in some buildings like the USL is doing and the NFL is yapping about maybe trying to do.

Personally unless we make the MLS Cup final (lmfao bahahaha) I'm out until next season. I love going to games but I'm simply not willing to run out to the stadium and risk getting sick over this dog shit team.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
2 matches a week at most in MLS, compared to playing everyday in MLB. Would think it would be easier to test and isolate any positives that happen.

Plus charter flights to away matches and a regionalized/conference only schedule make it more feasible, to me at least.

Of course it relies on complete diligence of all the players and theres no guarantee that even if they do everything right there wont be issues.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,139 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

fewer good ol boys in MLS is my guess. those seem the type to break the bubble and venture out

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,438 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

fewer good ol boys in MLS is my guess. those seem the type to break the bubble and venture out

You think Miami had good ol boys breaking the bubble and venturing out to Da Club in ATL?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users