I smell...

frogs.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Well, we appear to be in a real shield race.

-------------BWP---------

Royer----Kaku---Rza

-------Davis--Adams

Taxi Long Parker Murillo

Hopefully keep rolling along.  Montreal certainly beatable. One player of significance who seems to find a way to get at least one good chance a game.  

Need the offense to start scoring some.  We won't be able to ride the 1-0 games forever and we are getting more than 1 chance a game.  Let's score some goals.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I really want to go to this game. I saw the one thread about someone heading up - anyone else gonna be in town on Sat? I am on the fence and need a nudge / kick in the ass

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Throw Lawrence, Kaku, BWP, Long, and Royer back into the lineup. Admas will have played a lot in this stretch so he'll be a candidate to be rested but he's a very young guy so maybe we can push it with him. 

Only real other rotation question is if to rest Parker considering he's played every minute these games. 

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Team will officially qualify for the playoffs with a win. 

A NE loss or draw or a DC loss also clinches a playoff birth for us regardless of what happens.

We cannot be caught by Orlando, Chicago, Toronto, and Montreal already.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Feeling greedy and want the 3 points here with what should be our usual starting XI. Finishing off this brutal 5 game stretch 3-0-2 would be fantastic and would cause me to mostly forget the Smurf disappointment. 

Last time we scored in Montreal was August 5, 2015 in a 1-1 draw. Sam assisted by Grella. Also, Dilly Duka got the assist on the Montreal goal in that one. 

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

On the DC game the Fox announcers talked about how Tyler Adams is hoping to be called up for the friendlies next week.

Obviously he is, but I sure hope he doesn't get the call this time around, especially after this stretch of games.  We already had that episode earlier in the year where 4 MLS players got the call, 3 of which were from Metro.

What's crazy is at some point this season we had 3 games in hand over Atlanta, by the time they next play they will have 2 games in hand on us (and hopefully be 4 points back!) 

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I think both Long and Adams won't start at MTL, since they're both gonna get the call up. 

BWP
Royer Kaku Etienne

Rza Davis 

Taxi Fidel Parker Murillo

Robles 

Meara Long Lade Muyl Adams Casseres White  

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

Why wouldn't they start? USA v. Brazil is 6 days later and in New Jersey. They would have plenty of time to rest.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

I think both Long and Adams won't start at MTL, since they're both gonna get the call up. 

BWP
Royer Kaku Etienne
Rza Davis 
Taxi Fidel Parker Murillo
Robles 

Meara Long Lade Muyl Adams Casseres White  

Agree

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Start BWP, Kaku, and not Collin and we get the 3 points.

Also I couldnt care less about Long or Adams being tired for a meaningless friendly under an interim coach.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

-------------------BWP

-------Royer-----Kaku----Etienne

--------------Davis--Rza

Lawrence--Long--Escobar--Murillo

------------------Robles

I think Adams is on the bench to begin - he's played a ton of minutes lately, and Davis/Rza is a solid midfield combo.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

-------------------BWP

-------Royer-----Kaku----Etienne

--------------Davis--Rza

Lawrence--Long--Escobar--Murillo

------------------Robles

I think Adams is on the bench to begin - he's played a ton of minutes lately, and Davis/Rza is a solid midfield combo.

Agreed re Adams. Long and Parker should both be able to start. 

I think Ivan might (or should) be ahead of Etienne and Muyl on the wing depth chart already. Guess we'll know after the international break.  

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Start BWP, Kaku, and not Collin and we get the 3 points.

Also I couldnt care less about Long or Adams being tired for a meaningless friendly under an interim coach.

Nobody really cares about the friendly, but it doesn't mean Long/Adams won't be going 100% during the camp and in the games. Long should play in Canada as he got a rest yesterday, but Adams should get time off at some point. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Play Escobar in the back.  Guy needs minutes and to get chemistry with Parker and Long in case.  Ok for Parker to rest.

Plus if we want to keep Escobar, for next season or happy for next season, guy should see a bit of time.

Rest Adams - don't Felipe him.  

DE7 should start this one.  Sub on Ivan.  give him a chance to recover.  He is not used to summer heat and humidity.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users