I smell...

wiz.

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Gonna put more thought into the starting 11 knowing that's what we're riding with the entire game.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
RSL beat them 4-2 on 7/4.
https://www.rslsoapb...eam-is-the-star

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Hmm.

Duncan out for season

Valot out for season

Bezecourt still out

Meara will be available, but no idea what the rest of the subs bench will look like, even though we know what the XI will be. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Hopefully Kaku gets going again. He started out the season on fire but now only has one assist in this last five starts.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

Valot out for season

Rivas (who was terrible) is gone as well.  Definitely weak in the midfield, especially is this means more Alex Muyl.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Hopefully Kaku gets going again. He started out the season on fire but now only has one assist in this last five starts.

Royer and Kaku both.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Royer and Kaku both.   

I knew Royer would have at least some drop off from last year's goals/assists, he was taking a lot of penalties and was always the main target on set pieces. I didn't think it'd be this bad though... at the start of the season he was at least still coming close and playing well aside from the last touch, recently he's been very sloppy in the run of play too.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

The Royer dropoff makes sense because his best moments came when we were using that 3-3-3-1.  Forget that formation just helping Sacha, it almost did more for Royer.  

As for KC, I've watched a ton of them over the last few weeks.  They are a tough, tough team.  They epitomize the coach and the Captain, Espinoza.  That said, they aren't very talented offensively.  They'll all battle like crazy but they get goals more through battling than anything.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

The Royer dropoff makes sense because his best moments came when we were using that 3-3-3-1.  Forget that formation just helping Sacha, it almost did more for Royer.  

good point.  And in general it may be worth looking into playing that again if our key offensive contributors continue to slow down.  Without a reliable third offensive force this team is going no where,

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

good point.  And in general it may be worth looking into playing that again if our key offensive contributors continue to slow down.  Without a reliable third offensive force this team is going no where,

Agreed...

At least when Valot was healthy, it felt like either him or Royer would find a way to provide offense for a game.  (On top of the usual BWP and Kaku)  We know Muyl isn't going to provide that level of offense, so if Royer continues to be off, we have just Kaku and BWP again.  Tough to win in the biggest moments with just them.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Are the World Cup guys back for this?

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Are the World Cup guys back for this?

murillo was on the bench last game already so i would assume he starts vs the Wiz

ETA - assuming he's not being held out of the lineup because of a pending transfer

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

As for KC, I've watched a ton of them over the last few weeks.  They are a tough, tough team.  They epitomize the coach and the Captain, Espinoza.  That said, they aren't very talented offensively.  They'll all battle like crazy but they get goals more through battling than anything.

Ehhhh Royer missed alot of sitters this year. Just can't find the back of the net. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Lets go back to it, then:

3-3-3-1/5-2-3

------------------------BWP

----------Royer------------------Kaku 

-----------------------------Tyler

-------------------Davis

---Taxi----Long----Parker--Fidel----Lade

-----------------------Robles

Meara Collin Ndam Kutler Rza Muyl Etienne

My preference is to start Tyler at RWB, but I know he's gonna be in CM. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users