21 replies to this topic

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

We are not even close to the Islanders in that situation... Wang hired a freaking backup goalie to the the GM of the damn team

We play it tight as far as money goes(which sucks), but no different than CBus, Dallas, and other good teams.  And if Marsch only got control late this offseason, then this next window is the one that really matters anyway.

If a terrorist set off a bomb at RBA nobody would be injured. Nobody cares including our owner, just like the Wang Islanders playing in front of nobody at the Collisseum and a fan base that hardly exists.
Also I'd like to point out that the reason Columbus has a title is that they decided to spend big money to bring in Schelotto and he almost singlehandedly won it for them.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro
1996 attendance: ~15k
2017 attendance: ~15k

Lost cause. Couldn't grow at all in 21 years. Now have two additional MLS teams within two hours. USL Cincy outsells us,

Don't even worry about it anymore. This will never be a soccer hotbed.

RedBullCola

RedBullCola

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Supports:Redbulls

If a terrorist set off a bomb at RBA nobody would be injured. Nobody cares including our owner, just like the Wang Islanders playing in front of nobody at the Collisseum and a fan base that hardly exists.
Also I'd like to point out that the reason Columbus has a title is that they decided to spend big money to bring in Schelotto and he almost singlehandedly won it for them.

The heart of this team gets gutted year after year. Why should we go? I stay away from rba until they start spending money again. I'm not spending money if the team wont.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

The heart of this team gets gutted year after year. Why should we go? I stay away from rba until they start spending money again. I'm not spending money if the team wont.

Don't think the two are related. RB has spent money but still no continuity. Poverty FC now but still ditched captain. Higher payroll and winning doesn't sell more tickets or drinks so why bother?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Don't think the two are related. RB has spent money but still no continuity. Poverty FC now but still ditched captain. Higher payroll and winning doesn't sell more tickets or drinks so why bother?

But it begs the question: if it's such a hopeless dead end situation why don't they sell and cash out? I'm sure there are quite a few people out there with more money than God who would be delighted to own an MLS team with its own stadium to boot.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

1996 attendance: ~15k
2017 attendance: ~15k

Lost cause. Couldn't grow at all in 21 years. Now have two additional MLS teams within two hours. USL Cincy outsells us,

Don't even worry about it anymore. This will never be a soccer hotbed.

The lack of growth has everything to do with the people in charge doing the exact opposite of what people in highly successful markets have done. I'll put it this way: Go to Peter Wilt and offer him anything he wants with free reign and no interference for 5 years. I would be willing to bet anything that you would have very significant growth in that 5 years.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

But it begs the question: if it's such a hopeless dead end situation why don't they sell and cash out? I'm sure there are quite a few people out there with more money than God who would be delighted to own an MLS team with its own stadium to boot.

The asset continues to appreciate while paying dividends in the form of 'free' advertising. With an effort to control spending, this operation could be self-sustaining by now. In that case, why bother? They don't need an immediate $300 million; not like their main corporation is cash-starved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users